Civil Service Test With Audio--Sonnet Processor

Travel

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

Thank you one more time for the links. That image guided technology is absolutely amazing and so promising.

Reading it made me dreaming about time when CI electrode array is designed in form of continuously following segments instead of a bunch of wires with sparse contacts. Then we can have electrodes activated at any length of the cochlea to fit precisely the frequency stimulation zones according to our anatomy and perception preferences.

My another fantasy is that it can be done by injection, not surgical insertion :)

And Like Adam said - any help to achieve that should be utilized!

• HearPeers Heroes

30 years ago, the technology and perception scores of today would have been deemed a crazy fantasy. Thankful to MEDEL for always striving to make it better

• HearPeers Heroes

@Cara Mia

Once they figure out how to prevent the current from spreading, that may indeed be a possibility.  One reason Med-El uses their spacing between electrodes is due to the current spread.  Things are changing all of the time.  I can't even imagine what will come ten years from now!

• HearPeers Heroes

Pretty exciting to think about Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

You are so right, Mary Beth. Agree, that specification of frequencies perception and processing for segments is one of the challenging goals. We need to learn from Nature. Our hair cell do it perfectly - selecting signals from one input for all. See us discussing it in five years ?

• 11 months later...