Surgery tomorrow

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Good luck to aliu83 as surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. As soon as you are up to it Ali, please let us know how you are doing. 

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Good luck, send my positive vibes to aliu83. Waiting to hear after surgery news

• HearPeers Heroes

Best of luck! Enjoy the down time before all the work starts!! It's a wild ride!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

Well, my surgery didn't go as planned. I had a severe allergic reaction to the  anesthesia and had to stay in the hospital until it cleared. They cut my ear open but had to immediately stitch it up when the reaction started. So I have stitches, but no implant. I will have to go see an allergist to figure out what caused it before I can attempt the implantation again. 

Ali 

• HearPeers Heroes

I am so sorry to hear this Ali.  How disappointing.  I hope you are feeling fully recovered from your allergic reaction.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ali,

i am very upset that this happened. Luckily they weren't too far into the surgery before it happened. Please keep in touch and let us know how they plan to handle it. I know there are more than one type of anesthesia available. Keep us posted.

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm with you here! I had some serious complications with my surgery too. Be patient it will all work out. Praying for. You!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• HearPeers Heroes

Ali, I am also sorry for those unfortunate circumstances that delayed  your surgery.  I can imagine how frustrating it was to woke up in recovery room to learn that things went wrong. I wish you speedy recovery and successful implantation soon after that.

Thank you all for your wishes. To be more specific (learned more after I came home), I went into anaphylactic shock from the surgery. I have to wait 4-6 weeks to begin allergy testing, and have three appointments set up. The last one is in June. Looks like I won't be getting the implant until summer or later. The pesky stitches in my ear will come out this week.

I am feeling lucky I was at Mass Eye and Ear. I was moved just across the street to Mass General Hospital, one of the best in the country and they took great care of me.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you for the update, so glad you are doing better. I'm sure this must be encouraging. As long as they know what you are allergic to, they can prepare accordingly. Keep us posted

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

So thankful that you are doing well now.  That must've been quite scary.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ali, you are lucky to recover fast from anaphylactic shock with no harm to your well being. This is quite dangerous condition. I hope your docs will discover what exactly caused it and find the best options for you to advance with the surgery just a couple of months later. It is not a such terrible delay compare to what could happened.... My best wishes to you.

• 4 months later...

This is the last thread I posted on, so I'm writing my update here. It's been almost 5 months since I went in for my surgery and was unsuccessful. Since then, I've complete all the allergy testing and tested positive for the antibiotic they gave me during surgery (cefazolin). My surgery date is fast approaching on August 15. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions after that for the people on Hear Peers, and wanted to send in an update  

Ali 

• HearPeers Heroes

Best of luck Alli!  Wishing you a fast a speedy recovery!! 

• HearPeers Heroes

Ali,

So happy you have that sorted out now.  Wishing you the absolute best.  Keep us posted!

• HearPeers Heroes

Good luck this Tuesday and all way after that. Waiting to hear your new story soon.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes!  Terrific!  Rest easy.  When is your activation?

• HearPeers Heroes

Great news! The best is yet to come!!  

• HearPeers Heroes

Congratulations!!

now the next step of activation. Rest up

adam

• HearPeers Heroes

My first activation, I had to wait 6 weeks. 4 weeks for second activation

They actually had me scheduled for sept 21 but I'm traveling that weekend so I asked for a later date. 

I'm waiting for my ear to feel like it's back to normal again. Right now it still feels like it's disconnected from my head! How long did that last for others here?