Sonnet versus Rondo

Moky

I have to pick the BTE Sonnet or the off the ear Rondo audio processor.  Although the Rondo is simpler will this limit listening only to people on one side of me. Would the Sonnet be more directional to hear people in front of me. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Moky,

The Rondo will let you hear people well.  I have Rondos and hear just fine with them.  They are a bit trickier to use with a phone if you just hold the phone up to the mic  but after you get the hang of it, it is easier.  The ONLY situation that presents a problem for me with the Rondos is sitting in a booth at a restaurant if a person with a strong voice is directly behind me.  The Rondo picks up that person's voice more than the person across the table from me.  I love my Rondos in waterwear covers in the pool, hot tub, ocean and whenever I will be on or near water.  They are awesome.  (Secure them though when used in their waterwear covers because if they fall off they sink like a rock.)

I also have Sonnets.  My CI center was a two processor center so I received two processors for each side implanted.  I use my Sonnets as my primary processors.  Sonnets have dual mics and therefore have mic setting options that are not available in the Rondo.  The dual mic setting called adaptive always directional is awesome for me, especially in noisy places.  The Sonnets have Med El's newest tech.  (The Rondos share the same platform as the Opus2 which came before the Sonnet.)

I have friends who only use their Rondos.  I have friends who only use their Sonnets.  Smile.

There is no wrong choice.  Wishing you the best on your journey.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 0:47 PM, David Duffy said:

Hi Mary Beth,

I am using the Sonnet EAS.

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:07 PM, Moky said:

What is the difference between the Sonnet and Sonnet EAS?

Hi Mary Beth,

Thank you for your reply. You have solved my problem.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Keep us posted on your journey Moky!  Wishing you the best.

• Like 1