Adults who have both the Sonnet and Rondo processors

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Looking for feedback from people who have both the Sonnet and Rondo processors.  Which do you prefer and why?

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Hi @stream2525,

Welcome.  I have both Rondos and Sonnets.  While we wait for others to join in this topic, I would be happy to answer any questions you may have if I can.  

• HearPeers Heroes
18 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

Hi @stream2525,

Welcome.  I have both Rondos and Sonnets.  While we wait for others to join in this topic, I would be happy to answer any questions you may have if I can.  

How much different is Rondo from Rondo2 ?

I have some hearing left in the low frequencies , so am I a candidate for Rondo ? 

• HearPeers Heroes

Very good point @hadron!  Anyone with residual low frequency hearing may want to consider the Sonnet EAS.  Rondo is not a hybrid processor.  There was a study done by Vanderbilt with Rondo and an in the ear hearing aid worn on the same side for those with residual low frequency hearing loss.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I have Rondo and Sonnet for both left and right CIs.

I initially used the Rondo when I first received my right CI in 2016. I thought the Sonnet was too big, two pieces, and cumbersome looking. The Rondo saved
"real estate" on my ear (Pinna), so I justified using the Rondo despite the fact that it requires 3 disposable batteries. No rechargeable batteries available for the Rondo1.

Well when I received my left CI in 2017, the rechargeable batteries for the left CI were included, and The right side rechargebales finally arrived at the same time.

So I decided to switch to the Sonnets on both sides to make use of rechargeable batteries.

I was also able to make use of the dual microphones on the Sonnet (Rondo only has one).

So I gave up real estate above my ears (I wear eyeglasses - (luckily thin frames!) 

I now use the Roger Pen with RogerX on the right Sonnet for many uses - especially iPhone calls and understanding conversations 

So I feel there are pluses and minuses for each processor but I am glad to have a backup processor for each ear. And the ability to switch between rechargeable and disposable batteries as needed - Recent hurricanes left us without power and was a major concern for recharging batteries for the Sonnet and Roger Pen, iPhone etc.

• Like 2