WOW stereo sound input easily with the Rondo!

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I just purchased headband headphones designed for people to wear when they sleep or are very active.  They have thin flat speakers inside the headband that can be positioned anywhere within the band that you want.  I thought they may work great with my Rondos.

WOW!  I am speechless.

I removed the speakers from the headband (they come out so you can wash the headband) and discovered that they magnetically stick to my Rondos!  No need for the headband part at all.  They stay in place and others next to me can not hear what I am listening to.

Crazy!  And they only cost $20.

Wow!

https://www.cozyphones.com/products/lycra-headband-headphones

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joan asked a great question about which magnet strength I use in my Rondos as that may be why this works so well for me.  I use magnet strength 3 on my Concert side and magnet strength 4 on my Synchrony side.

That's totally cool!

Interesting, for once,  implanted ppl need LESS gear :)

BTW, my magnet is #4 and I was told in last week's MedEl mingle,  that now there's a number 5 available.  (I've been having issues keeping the Rondo from falling off)

• HearPeers Heroes

@leighf  Is there now a number 5 magnet for the original Rondo with Synchrony internal implants?  

@Nikki, I hope that is true about a number 5 magnet for the original Rondo with Synchrony internal implants because I know several people who need stronger magnets with the Synchrony magnet design.  

I think I read that the Rondo 2 only has 4 magnet strengths.  Is that true Leigh?

• HearPeers Heroes

Wow,

Thank you @Mary Beth

They have different models: for sleep, for gym and others. Look at header menu. Which did you buy?

17,02€ (for euro zone).

• HearPeers Heroes

I purchased the one listed under ACTIVE that is mesh lined.  In US dollars it was on sale for $19.95.

• HearPeers Heroes

They talk about wireless / bluetooth connection. Howeber, I can see a wire to connect the band. I'm not clear how connect the headband to Rondo.

13 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@leighf  Is there now a number 5 magnet for the original Rondo with Synchrony internal implants?  

@Nikki, I hope that is true about a number 5 magnet for the original Rondo with Synchrony internal implants because I know several people who need stronger magnets with the Synchrony magnet design.  

I think I read that the Rondo 2 only has 4 magnet strengths.  Is that true Leigh?

Hi Mary Beth, 

Yes, there is a #5 magnet for the RONDO (for both MAESTRO and SYNCHRONY implants). For RONDO 2 we have 4 magnet strengths for MAESTRO implants, and 3 for SYNCHRONY implants. However, the RONDO 2 is lighter and the magnet sits closer to the implant. Hope that helps!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Mine is not wireless.  CozyPhones plug into a headphone jack.

My CozyPhone speakers (out of the headband) just so happen to magnetically attach to my Rondos!

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@Joan tested out the CozyPhone headband headphones to see if after the headphones are removed from the headband, would they magnetically adhere to her Rondos which have a weaker magnet strength than mine.  The answer is no they do not magnetically adhere to Rondo magnet strength 1 circle. (Concert internal implant).  They do still work inside the headband.

The CozyPhones active headband design can be worn upside down.  In that orientation, the headband would extend high enough to cover the mic area of the Rondos and look more like a typically worn headband.  The small tag in front is just sewn and can be removed.

• HearPeers Heroes

Cozy Phones have adorable designs for kids.

https://www.cozyphones.com

and I just found out that they are releasing a BlueTooth style headband headphones late this year.  Cool.

• HearPeers Heroes

Does this cover the processor without any problem ? 

• HearPeers Heroes

@stream2525

The style of CozyPhones that I use (Lycra mesh) cover my Rondos with no problem and also work with Sonnets.  (However I prefer the BOSE QC35 BlueTooth headphones with my Sonnets.). If I wear that style headband upside down, it covers my Rondos and my ears and looks better, in my opinion.  

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Karen T

Look above for Leigh’s post about Rondo magnet strength 5 now being available.

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I am having soooo much fun jammin’ away with these CozyPhone corded headphones and my Rondos!  I LOVE hearing different music in each side.  Mind blowing!  So much fun!  

I had unilateral hearing with powerful HAs for decades, so enjoying true stereo music is such a treat!  So much fun!

Best true stereo sound tech for my Rondos..........CozyPhones corded headband speakers ($20!) (These also work with Sonnets.)

Best true stereo sound tech for my Sonnets........BOSE QC35 BT headphones. (These work with my Rondos as well but can be tricky to position.)

I continue to use the Artone 3 MAX neckloop with my Rondos and Sonnets for audiobooks, podcasts, etc.  But neckloops and Roger System deliver the same sound to both sides, so they can not deliver true stereo music signals.  

If you are bilateral or bimodal, you may also fall in love with true stereo sound for music.

• 4 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

After some months of this post, yesterday I received this headband commented by @Mary Beth some time ago. Guys, really it´s great. I'm surprised with it.

Advantages: Great sound quality (:o REALLY GREAT if I compare it with other devices i have tried). I reach to understand some lyrics of music in the computer (youtube, news, documentaries...).  Supposedly is stereo but I have only one implant yet. it is light and smooth.

Disadvantages: (If it have one) is the wire. The headband is not wireless technology, but for $18, I think we can not expect an Artone or Quattro device.

Without doubt a great gadget for one piece processors.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin

The sound quality is amazing for the price!

Did you position both the Left and Right flat speakers so your Rondo can detect both?

There is a new accessory that attaches to the headset plug and then connects BT to the sound source.  I suppose you could loop the headphone cable in the headband and then be wireless.  Have you seen it yet?  It looks like the Artone circular piece.