favorite WOW moments

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes
43 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

I bet you will find the Rondo 2 can take high humidity and sweat better.  The Rondo does great for me with sweat.  

In the meantime, you can use Jeff Campagna’s idea of ear gear mini covers over the Sonnet mics and see if that helps.  They come in several color choices.

Mini?  Those look like they're shorter than the Sonnet.  But it sounds as though you're saying the end of the Sonnet is okay poking out?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston when I get real sweaty I take off the Sonnet give it a wipe down with a dry cloth or tissue then wipe the side of my head and I’m good as new. Haven’t had my sonnets stop working on me at all from sweat. 

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Sweat can give BTE processors some trouble.  People have commented on that and have come up with solutions when engaging in activities that cause them to sweat.

I have been fortunate that sweat has never caused any problems with my Opus 2 or Sonnet processors.

I find my Rondos more comfortable when sweating a lot though.  And since the Rondo 2s are completely sealed, they should be really good.

I look forward to HP members receiving Rondo 2s and posting their experiences.

• HearPeers Heroes

WOW moment today

I was working in the yard and using our weedwhacker  It is noisy.  While I was weed whacking, I was surprised to hear the distinctive sound of a metal shovel scraping on concrete.  I looked in the direction of the sound and it WAS a metal shovel scraping on concrete!  A neighbor two houses down was shoveling up debris in front of his house.

I love my CIs!

• Like 3

Today at lunch, I could hear the food sizzling after taking the glass container from the microwave.I just put my ear close to my lunch to make sure it was the food lol.

A post by Ivana Marinac (stream2525) gave me a rather unusual wow moment. The reference to our brain's neuroplasticity gives me the impetus to continue on my path to a 2nd implant. Reference to the dying hearing cells that support a hearing did the trick. My wavering between fairly good hearing with my HA and going bipolar has ended (I hope). Others encourage me to stay wi what I have. This may be more understandable when considering my age - 85. Who knows what the future holds? I believe that the earlier the better to break into bilateral CI's. Will make this decision formal tomorrow (surgery date unknown).

Edited by Al West
Duplicate entry - please delete

A post by Ivana Marinac (stream2525) gave me a rather unusual wow moment. The reference to our brain's neuroplasticity gives me the impetus to continue on my path to a 2nd implant. Reference to the dying hearing cells that support a hearing did the trick. My wavering between fairly good hearing with my HA and going bilateral has ended (I hope). Others encourage me to stay wi what I have. This may be more understandable when considering my age - 85. Who knows what the future holds? I believe that the earlier the better to break into bilateral CI's. Will make this decision formal tomorrow (surgery date unknown).

Edited by Al West
correct "bipolar" to "bilateral"

• HearPeers Heroes

Best of luck! @Al West

My wow moment for the day. I went to the beach today which is a very large fresh water lake. It was like visiting the ocean! The waves were amazing and I heard the water with two ears! Phenomenal! I had an amazing time!! Plus here’s a pic of my two “ears” ready in water wear.  

697FF2FD-EF77-492E-93AF-B6457E8B4F99.jpeg

• Like 4

A wow moment today:

I was helping my coworker with the installation of CCTV cameras at the school. There was a moment while I was helping him holding the ladder, I could hear the screwdriver hitting the screw very softly while he was trying to fix the cameras to the ceiling.

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kara of Canada - wait, you're in Toronto, yes?  Was that Lake Ontario?  Our Great Lake is uperior and it's hardly ever warm enough to swim in.  I mean, I've been swimming in it twice - but only once voluntarily.  :lol:

My own WOW for the day:  I went to the dentist and could actually hear the hygienist cleaning my teeth with her little scrapey-pointy metal thing.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kara of Canada - wait, you're in Toronto, yes?  Was that Lake Ontario?  Our Great Lake is uperior and it's hardly ever warm enough to swim in.  I mean, I've been swimming in it twice - but only once voluntarily.  :lol:

My own WOW for the day:  I went to the dentist and could actually hear the hygienist cleaning my teeth with her little scrapey-pointy metal thing.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

I'm surprised you kept your CI on while having dental work done! I kinda happy that I can't hear the drill or anything the dental hygienist uses. 

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm weird, @Jewel, I have never been bothered by going to the dentist.  I did have to take it off once though, I got one of those xrays that swings around your head and they wanted my glasses and my CI off so it wasn't in the image.  As I told the dentist, I figure I'm entitled to have something that works and it's my teeth!

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm weird, @Jewel, I have never been bothered by going to the dentist.  I did have to take it off once though, I got one of those xrays that swings around your head and they wanted my glasses and my CI off so it wasn't in the image.  As I told the dentist, I figure I'm entitled to have something that works and it's my teeth!

• HearPeers Heroes
On 2018-07-11 at 9:11 PM, Mary Featherston said:

Actually Lake Simcoe. It was super warm. The wind was cool though. Big waves that day. It reminded me of the ocean. I wore the headband overtop and it worked fine.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Sitting here with my laptop and my husband has the TV on in the other room.  I'm hearing some odd noises, not realizing what the heck it is.  I was about to go find out when I realized:  he's watching the golf, and the noises are those little riffs of applause after the players make a shot.

I'm really not used to hearing Ron's TV that much yet!

• HearPeers Heroes

Sitting here with my laptop and my husband has the TV on in the other room.  I'm hearing some odd noises, not realizing what the heck it is.  I was about to go find out when I realized:  he's watching the golf, and the noises are those little riffs of applause after the players make a shot.

I'm really not used to hearing Ron's TV that much yet!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston  Awesome!  Feeling quite bionic aren’t you?  Isn’t it so cool to overhear things?  We used to not be able to hear the things we were focusing on!  Smile.

I had to get comfortable with overhearing other people’s conversations.  At first it felt like eavesdropping!  Smile.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes
On 1/7/2018 at 2:23 PM, Mary Beth said:

@Valentin

You are welcome.

Have you used waterwear with your Rondo?

We are in a heat wave this week which means lots of time in the water.  I just love hearing while in the water.  So my Rondos will be busy this week for sure.  Smile.

MAry Beth, really no. Sincerely I'm afraid to go to water with processor. This is rondo, and I don't know what happen if it fall off from head. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin

You are welcome.

We are in a heat wave this week which means lots of time in the water.  I just love hearing while in the water.  So my Rondos will be busy this week for sure.  Smile.

Mary Beth, really no. Sincerely I'm afraid to go to water with processor. This is rondo, and I don't know what happen if it fall off from head. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin

You are welcome.

Mary Beth, really no. Sincerely I'm afraid to go to water with processor. This is rondo, and I don't know what happen if it fall off from head. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin

You are welcome.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin

You are welcome.