Most surprising sounds!

Mary Beth

I had no idea humming birds chirped like that.  Even my poodle was cocking her head at the audio.  It is funny to me that so many of us were completely unaware of so many sounds of nature and now I find myself shutting the doors when tree frogs and crickets get super loud outside. 

• 6 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Here's a kind of mundane sound:  I can now hear my husband putting packing tape on a box from a couple of rooms away.  Lovely sound, packing tape.  :D

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

One thing I'm hearing this summer that I never heard before:  cicadas.  Apparently they're either extremely numerous or they're very, very loud.

But they're new to me!

• HearPeers Heroes
3 hours ago, Mary Featherston said:

One thing I'm hearing this summer that I never heard before:  cicadas.  Apparently they're either extremely numerous or they're very, very loud.

But they're new to me!

Yes they apparently are so loud because it’s so hot. It was the topic of the news the other day. Very very loud! 

• HearPeers Heroes
14 minutes ago, Kara of Canada said:

Yes they apparently are so loud because it’s so hot. It was the topic of the news the other day. Very very loud! 

Interesting.  It's been hot here but not as bad as the east and west coast, we've topped out at the low 90sF.  No, wait, we had one day when it was nearly 100.  Maybe they don't need sustained heat to get loud.

• HearPeers Heroes

Holy moly, but the ironing board squeals when I set it up!

(And, yes, this is the first time I've ironed anything since I got my CI.....)

• HearPeers Heroes

We joked about buying stock in WD-40 after I was activated because I noticed the squeaks all around the house!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Today's surprisingly loud sound:  we have a 5-gallon tin to keep the (dry) cat food in.  Guess what?  Pouring a bag of kibble into the tin makes a LOT of noise.

• HearPeers Heroes

Did it sound like fireworks?

• HearPeers Heroes
1 hour ago, Mary Beth said:

Did it sound like fireworks?

Hm, it was odd, not exactly like fireworks but a loud rushy/banging sound with a tinny component. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Got another one today:  there's a weird noise, sort of a background noise, and I couldn't figure out what it is.  I'm sitting in my office, and one of the walls is all window (with a lovely view of the parking lot).  And it's raining.

I can hear the rain!

Last night I could hear my cat breathing hard while sleeping. It seems he does that often when sleeping. I had to ask my wife to make sure if it was his breathing.

Here is a pic of Figo:

IMG_20180826_095104.jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

@Daniel the Stranger

quite a cute cat!  I was surprised our cats snore sometimes and was shocked I could hear them purr from across the room.  

Congratulations on your new sound!

• Thanks 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Ha, @Mary Beth - I was thinking today that my cat Katy's purr sounds like a snore.

• HearPeers Heroes

Sweet sounds from our cats.  Gaining hearing back through CIs is so much fun!

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

I now love the sound of my dog sniffing! Your cat Figo is gorgeous! This is Penny. She’s almost two. 

3B5B6B93-7FD0-4F17-8235-04051C8182CC.jpeg

• Like 1

• 10 months later...