Need information

Jewel

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel - is it too late to ask about warranty policies from AB and Cochlear?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel - is it too late to ask about warranty policies from AB and Cochlear?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

I plan to enquire on Monday. 

I do believe that they had told me during the CI evaluation that Med-El's warranty was the longest. 

I hope I don't have to change brands at this point as the CI Centre took a very long time to give me price for the MedEl package. And I don't know whether I would be able to get another brand's kit in time for surgery. Plus I have not researched those brands in any detail. 

I had been asking the CI center for months to order the kit but they preferred to wait until closer to the surgery date and now this is what happens. I guess other foreign patients didn't choose Med-El and that's why this CI center is just learning about the warranty for foreigners. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Best of luck with it, @Jewel.  I hope you can proceed regardless, I so want you to have a CI and hear again!  When we were still waiting to hear what my insurance coverage would be my husband told me that I should go ahead and do it regardless.  But as you've noted it's a LOT of money.

Good luck to you!

• HearPeers Heroes

Best of luck with it, @Jewel.  I hope you can proceed regardless, I so want you to have a CI and hear again!  When we were still waiting to hear what my insurance coverage would be my husband told me that I should go ahead and do it regardless.  But as you've noted it's a LOT of money.

Good luck to you!

@Jewel,

As I said in my email, you don't have to go through surgery if you are not happy with the circumstances. I had planned my surgery for December 2017 and a month before surgery I decided to postpone it to May 2018 in order to get what I wanted. Some times hard decisions pay off at the end. Don't feel bad If you don't go ahead with the surgery as planned, this is a life decision and you need to be 100% happy with what you chose.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

Sometimes these things happen for a reason. 

I get what @Daniel the Stranger is saying but I just remembered that I have already bought my airline tickets for September and October. So if I cancel, that's a lot of money wasted already. 

• Like 2