Checking in

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi everyone.  It’s nice to have HPs back up and running.

How is everyone?

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @Mary Beth. I'm doing well. Feeling a bit excited about my first meeting with the CI surgeon.

I hope you weathered the snow storm well. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

Remind me again of your appt date.  I don’t want to forget it!

• HearPeers Heroes

We need to ask Admin @leighf to assign moderators. We need at least three moderators to deal with spammers here.

There are members who have been here for many years and might volunteer to be moderators . 

Hi everyone, especially to our regular HearPeers chatters @Mary Beth @Valentin @Megan L. @Ivana Marinac @Cara Mia @Kara of Canada @stream2525 @Adam @hadron @Jewel @Kay @Jdashiell

After making some improvements to stop potential spam issues, HearPeers is now back up and running. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or issues this may have caused any of you. In 2018, we will be introducing some further upgrades to the forum to make it even better for our users. I'll be keeping you updated on this! 

Also you may notice, my HearPeers profile has had a little makeover! ;) As the HearPeers forum continues to grow, our HearPeers Support Team is growing too! We are bringing on more MED-EL moderators to help support the forum, and the support team here in MED-EL Headquarters Austria will be using this one account. If there is anything in particular you think we could help in answering, or if you want to get in touch with us, simply tag us with @MED-EL Moderator or send a private message to this account, and someone from our HearPeers Support Team will get back to you as soon as possible. 

Thank you to all for your understanding, and I'm looking forward to following and supporting your hearing journeys in 2018!

Kind regards,

- Leigh

• HearPeers Heroes

Leigh, you can create your personal account here so we can communicate with you in person which we all liked to do (I believe everybody will agree with me) :wub:

"Red dot" Moderator looks so scary generic and robotic :) 

• HearPeers Heroes

It does lack the welcoming smile from Leigh!

• HearPeers Heroes

I find the MedEl dot welcoming - its a sign for "home" in a way. But I do agree that seeing a smiling face is better.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi everyone! I have really missed you @Mary Beth  I am too now looking forward the my second Implant and need info on the newest things. I too really like my BT neckloop especially for music. Not sure about the new Rogers things. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kara of Canada

Keep us posted when you have a date.  Ask anything you wish about tech and someone will chime in.

@Jdashiell also is awaiting surgery.

• HearPeers Heroes
19 hours ago, Kara of Canada said:

Hi everyone! I have really missed you @Mary Beth  I am too now looking forward the my second Implant and need info on the newest things. I too really like my BT neckloop especially for music. Not sure about the new Rogers things. 

Kara,

I love using my Quattro 4 Bluetooth neckloop to listen to music Cell phone calls, TV and more. However, ever since I received my Roger Pen with Roger X receiver, I love  am able to hear my friends and my wife and family at dinner outings, I can point it at whomever is speaking and hear them over the din of the restaurant. Of course I also turndown the sensitivity of the mics  and the volume a couple of clicks to decrease the background noise too. 

The roger is a great tool for my iPhone. I hear a call in my Sonnet and answer the call on the Roger Pen. I hear the caller so clear even with the Sonnet mic ON.

On TV  when there are programs I cannot hear well, I place the Roger Pen on the table that holds the flatscreen TV to hear. I can even turn down the TV volume and still hear the TV clearly. The Roger Pen comes with a base that allows you to attach to the Audio Out Port on the back of the TV, However, you need the right type of A.O.P. and may TV has a Optical Port - So I need an additional Digital to Analog adapter to mage the connection to the Roger Pen Base. Ergo, laying the Roger Pen on the
table. 

To stream music to to my Sonnets (or Rondos) I could attach a cable between my iPhon and my Roger Pen, but I prefer the wireless option of he Quattro for that so when I am exercising I can switch to T only and block all background noise.

he Roger Pen has the VERY BEST Directional mic of Any ALD I have tried - I have tried a lot over the past 20+ years- MedEl is providing the Roger Pen and the choice of receiver with new implant kits instead go the Quattro. AB is also doing this and AB is a prt of Phonak anyway. Im not sure about Cochlear America nut I think they also provide the Roger Pen.

I use the Roger X receiver on my Right Sonnet as it was available at that time. It attaches to the FM Port of the Battery cover

There is also a new Roger 21 receiver which incorporates the receiver in a Battery cover- I want to get that when I get my new implant Feb 20!!
AB has a Roger 27 built in to there Naida processor battery cover- Similar to the MedEl 21 for the Sonnet processor.

Phonak who developed all the Roger products, offers various receivers...you can read more about Phonak receivers here

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks @Jdashiell  I’m unsure what the new kit will contain. I see the surgeon on the 31 as well as Audi and a new balance test. I will b asking these questions there as well. I am partaking in a study to see the benefit of bilateral implants over unilateral. Hopefully this will make a difference for many who only have one. I wish everyone qualified for two.  I really like my Quattro which I use for my iPad. For phone calls I put the phone right up to my processor staying in M mode. Works well for me. Restaurants I am good with. I just turn my sensitivity way down and use an adaptive program. Works amazing. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks. Glad to hear you have all your figured out. It takes a long time to get here. Lol!