Anyone receive the Rondo 2 yet?

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi all,

It is 2018 and Med-El said they are releasing the Rondo 2 at the beginning of the new year in some countries so just wondering if anyone has received the Rondo 2 yet?  I look forward to hearing your reviews.

• HearPeers Heroes

I am waiting for it. Unfortunately I learnt that it will be bigger than original Rondo which is surprising me.

I am waiting for it because it will need less maintenance otherwise, I would go for Cochlear Kanso which requires batteries.  

Really its bigger? compare to this, it is not:

Rondo: rondo-dimensions1.png

Rondo 2:

rondo-2-specifications.png

Ok, you are right, rondo2 is longer, but everything else is less than rondo.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes, bigger.

Rondo 2 is longer length

Rondo : 44.1 mm

Rondo2 : 46.8 mm

They have the same height.

Rondo2 is lighter because it doesn't need batteries. 

• HearPeers Heroes
1 hour ago, dare_v said:

But its also narrower...

It is the same height .

Height yes, but width? Length is R2 +2.7mm, Width is R2 -1.3 and Height is R2 -0.01

Most likely the surface of R2 is a bit bigger, but...one is best to decide it upon inspecting both units in hands, in person.

• HearPeers Heroes

As a Rondo user I do not mind the size.  I think having a lighter Rondo unit (like the Rondo 2 which is 4 grams lighter) would be nice.  The new magnet location in the Rondo 2 coupled with the lighter unit may allow us to use a weaker magnet strength effectively.  I only worry about the battery life.  Up to 18 hours is not much of a safety net in listening time and my experience with Li-Ion batteries is that battery life decreases over time.

• HearPeers Heroes
On 1/9/2018 at 7:36 PM, Mary Beth said:

As a Rondo user I do not mind the size.  I think having a lighter Rondo unit (like the Rondo 2 which is 4 grams lighter) would be nice.  The new magnet location in the Rondo 2 coupled with the lighter unit may allow us to use a weaker magnet strength effectively.  I only worry about the battery life.  Up to 18 hours is not much of a safety net in listening time and my experience with Li-Ion batteries is that battery life decreases over time.

And I don't think that 18 hours is guaranteed . Maybe using certain programmes will consume the battery faster. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@stream2525

It’s a little confusing to me because I have read Med-El info that says “up to 18 hours” which makes me think 18 hours is the longest life and we can get less time.  But I have also read Med-El info that says “at least 18 hours even with high performance settings and accessory use”.  That makes me think 18 hours is the shortest life and we can get more time.  So I remain confused about battery life for Rondo 2.

I am most interested in hearing from actual users of Rondo 2 describing the battery life they are getting in their real lives and how that battery life changes over time.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes
On 1/11/2018 at 11:43 PM, Mary Beth said:

@stream2525

It’s a little confusing to me because I have read Med-El info that says “up to 18 hours” which makes me think 18 hours is the longest life and we can get less time.  But I have also read Med-El info that says “at least 18 hours even with high performance settings and accessory use”.  That makes me think 18 hours is the shortest life and we can get more time.  So I remain confused about battery life for Rondo 2.

I am most interested in hearing from actual users of Rondo 2 describing the battery life they are getting in their real lives and how that battery life changes over time.

I never read "at least" 18 hours. 

Any why can't we find any information on the release date? 

• HearPeers Heroes

The release date varies from country to country.  In part it depends on when Med-El gets the necessary approval.  In the US, this is FDA approval, which Med-El has not yet received for the Rondo 2.  Then after the necessary approval is received it depends on when Med-El can supply the processors and have trainings completed for the CI audiologists.

In the US, it has worked like this.

Med-El announces when they receive FDA approval.  They do this on their Med-El USA official FB page.

Then they announce an anticipated availability date (usually by naming a season).

So staying in touch with our CI audiologist or Med-El CSR close to when the item is expected to be available, helps us get accurate info.  Sometimes the actual release date has been later than anticipated.

This time the Rondo 2 has sign ups to hear when it becomes available in your country.  So that may enable us to get accurate info  easier.

Maybe I did not read “at least 18 hours” but read it is possible to get 18 hours even with high performance settings and accessory use, which made me think without those items the usage would be longer.  That may be my misunderstanding.

• HearPeers Heroes

If Rondo2 isn't released in certain countries that don't need any prior approval, will I be able to ask Medel HQs to send me the processor exceptionally?

• 1 year later...

If any one have rondo 2 medel and he didn’t use it yet my daughter need one and it’s very expensive for me 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nermin komber

If you are in the US, contact your CSR at Med-El.  Your CSR can help you see if your insurance will cover the Rondo 2.

I am not yet eligible for an upgrade, but am excited about the Rondo 2.  So many people love Rondo 2!

Yes I’m in USA but my little daughter in Egypt and she makes her implant in Egypt so she didn’t have insurance in USA