Dear colleagues,

happy belated new year :)

Just I upgraded to Sonnet from Opus 2 so I have my previous ALD (Roger X and Roger Pen) in my opinion no need to waste money to purchase roger 21 because if you owned roger x so you will waste your money to purchase same audio receiver.

what do you think my friends if you have roger x do you think you will upgrade to roger 21?

However, sure roger 21 more easir and unnoticeable because it will be a part from sonnet because you will just replace battery covers not like roger x which it will be an adapter you will attached it with Sonnet FM cover :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Roger 21 is a Roger X receiver just integrated into the battery cover.  

These are the benefits of Roger 21:

-it looks like a regular battery door

-it is preset to the CI setting for Sonnets (Roger X can be set to the Sonnet CI setting with a Roger Inspiro or Roger Touchscreen Mic. I recommend doing that for the best performance with the Roger System.)

-when the Roger 21 receiver is in sleep mode the Sonnet will return to your mic setting .  (Roger X keeps the Sonnet in omni as long as it is plugged into the FM boot.)

An advantage of Roger X over Roger 21 is it works with various processors.  When you are no longer using Sonnets, it will still work with other processors.

Same sound from both Roger 21 and Roger X.

Definitely not worth paying for Roger 21 if you already have Roger X for most people.

When are you using it, @iHM24? I love reading feedback from people using various tech.  And a Happy New Year to you too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mary Beth said:

Roger 21 is a Roger X receiver just integrated into the battery cover.  

These are the benefits of Roger 21:

-it looks like a regular battery door

-it is preset to the CI setting for Sonnets (Roger X can be set to the Sonnet CI setting with a Roger Inspiro or Roger Touchscreen Mic. I recommend doing that for the best performance with the Roger System.)

-when the Roger 21 receiver is in sleep mode the Sonnet will return to your mic setting .  (Roger X keeps the Sonnet in omni as long as it is plugged into the FM boot.)

An advantage of Roger X over Roger 21 is it works with various processors.  When you are no longer using Sonnets, it will still work with other processors.

Same sound from both Roger 21 and Roger X.

Definitely not worth paying for Roger 21 if you already have Roger X for most people.

When are you using it, @iHM24? I love reading feedback from people using various tech.  And a Happy New Year to you too.

Hello dear Mary,

I received it on 2nd Jan 2018 -Sonnet- I love it I feel the difference between it and Opus 2 and Rondo as well...

I prefer to use Quattro 4.0 more than Roger pen because of advantages of Quattro, no need for cables just connect it with Sonnet and linked it with your TV or Mobile so you can make calling or listening for music wirelessly but on roger pen you can make calling but it’s not supporting profile A2DP and multi connection for 2 devices at same time you can switching between them by one button.

Honestly, still I didn’t fix my roger x and try my roger pen on my Sonnet but I will do it soon and I will write the difference between them.

Thank you dear @Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I prefer BT neckloops too.  Much more convenient for me than the Roger Pen.

@Mary Beth

dear Mary this second time my QT4 mic corrupted because I don’t know you should not attached it always on Quattro 4.0 you should separate them always and when you want to use mice just fix it on my clip kit.

now unfortunately after not working I read online about that so be careful my friends.

• HearPeers Heroes

I actually do not like the Quattro4 BT neckloop.  I prefer the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop.  For me the Artone sounds better, it is way lighter and smaller it is more user friendly with buttons instead of the touch screen and there is less audio lag time.  

• 5 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

Can you please help us understand something that is happening with the Sonnet 21 integrated Roger receiver?

We are having problems with the Roger 21 integrated receiver with Med-El Sonnets.  The Roger signal is too quiet.  In comparison to using the Roger X plugged into the Sonnet’s FM battery door and set to the CI specific setting for Sonnets, the Roger 21 is significantly quieter.  Does this mean that the Roger 21 also needs to be set to the CI setting for Sonnets?  I assumed it would default to that setting as it only works with Sonnets.

Thank you

Hi @Mary Beth,

You're right: the Roger 21 is already set up for SONNET and should be working correctly. If you continue experiencing problems, I would suggest getting in touch with your local MED-EL representative. They should be able to help you troubleshoot any device-related problems or make some small adjustments. 

Kind regards, 

Mary