iHM24

Dear friends,

just upgraded from Opus 2 to Sonnet.

really I like it, but it came without recharchable battery kit also without DL-Coil because they told me DL-Coil magnets different coming with triangle icons not like ordinary coil coming with circles icons on magnets even no mini battery pack!

So, it came only with normal battery pack with two battery covers, fm battery cover and microphone cover.

what do you think about kits I received with Sonnet?

batteries less than 48h working I’m using Quattro 4.0 to watch TV, calling, playing on iPhone so like that I thought battery died quickly I tried both Zinc air company’s I didn’t touch any difference between them!

• HearPeers Heroes

There are DL-coil magnets marked by circle strength.  I have them for my internal Concert side.  There is not supposed to be a sound quality difference with D versus DL coils.

Disposable batteries last slightly over 2 days in my Sonnets.  I change them out every other morning for ease.

Standard rechargeable batteries start out lasting 10.5 hours but drop from there for me.  They become annoying when they no longer last a work day.

There is a mini battery pack option for Sonnets.  I had to purchase it separately.  

• HearPeers Heroes

I use both DL-coil and D-coil. Never noticed any difference in sound. For me they are just look a little bit different. I think their "technical" differences can be more useful for parents/guardians of children with CIs or other users who unable to handle/maintain processors by themselves. Congrats with your upgrades to Sonnet. Hope you like it more than your Opus.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Old side has D-coil. The new one works with DL-coil. At the beginning when I had no EAS for my left year, it was very helpful to distinguish what is for right side and what is for left due to the different look of my coils.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yeah I have tiny stickers on the inside (side that faces my head) of the processors.  Red for Right. Blue for Left.  Makes it easy to always know which is which.

Some people use different color mic covers or DL-coil covers.

• HearPeers Heroes

I am unable to post the images due to size limitations ... however I am working on that so I can share, But basically, music format.

• HearPeers Heroes

Finetuner.pngThis is my right side CI. My left  is still Nordic Grey from MedEl, until I get the implant done properly. Then I will ad the Guitar skinit.Right CI.png

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

Cool skinnit Jdashiell!

In my case, as some reason I got DL-coil for the left CI in black with the base in beige. So, it looks different from the right D-coil which is completely in black.

I didn't order it that way, but I like this idea - pretty distinguish and discreet at the same time. When it is time to change my right D-Coil to something else, I will ask to combine the different colors for the lid and base, too.

Capture.PNG

• HearPeers Heroes

@Cara Mia, I am not sure about this but I think (at least in the US) all of our DL-coils are the same beige color and the DL-coil covers are something we get to select a color for.  My DL-coils look exactly like yours.  Both of them.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ok, will know. But it could a good idea if we choose the color of base to distinguish the right from the left while doing it quite discreet without going crafty with stickers etc :)

On 1/9/2018 at 8:52 PM, Mary Beth said:

There are DL-coil magnets marked by circle strength.  I have them for my internal Concert side.  There is not supposed to be a sound quality difference with D versus DL coils.

Disposable batteries last slightly over 2 days in my Sonnets.  I change them out every other morning for ease.

Standard rechargeable batteries start out lasting 10.5 hours but drop from there for me.  They become annoying when they no longer last a work day.

There is a mini battery pack option for Sonnets.  I had to purchase it separately.  

Dear @Mary Beth

can you use a mini battery pack which previously came with Rondo or different mini battery back

D coil and DL similar the difference second one came with lock to secure cable and be sure you are use correct magnets which depending on you an implant device (Synchrony or Concerto) two type of magnets small triangles icon and small circles icon.

• HearPeers Heroes

You can use the same mini battery pack but will need the Sonnet mini battery pack connector and battery door/cable.  It comes in 2 lengths I believe.

• HearPeers Heroes

I am curious as to how others are using the mini battery pack.

• HearPeers Heroes

Only for LONG flights when I don’t want to use headphones or when flying with Rondos.

you?

• HearPeers Heroes

I have yet to use the mini battery pack. I use a neckloop plugged into the inflight screen OR my iPad. Or I use a Quattro 4. Bluetooth and T only - my perfect hearing center!

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell

Hi Joe,

I flew yesterday and tested out a neckloop on the plane.  I encountered interference (buzzing) so I used my BOSE QC35 headphones.

• HearPeers Heroes
On 1/9/2018 at 0:40 PM, iHM24 said:

Dear friends,

just upgraded from Opus 2 to Sonnet.

really I like it, but it came without recharchable battery kit also without DL-Coil because they told me DL-Coil magnets different coming with triangle icons not like ordinary coil coming with circles icons on magnets even no mini battery pack!

So, it came only with normal battery pack with two battery covers, fm battery cover and microphone cover.

batteries less than 48h working I’m using Quattro 4.0 to watch TV, calling, playing on iPhone so like that I thought battery died quickly I tried both Zinc air company’s I didn’t touch any difference between them!

Getting back to your question 

I received my first kit with Sonnet and Rondo with a 6month supply of disposable batteries a D-Coil for Sonnet.  A few months later I received a letter from MedEl that I would be receiving rechargeable batteries. 

A year went by from my first surgery when I had  my left ear  implant and then activated a few weeks later. Then I received a kit with another Sonnet/Rondo but with a DL-coil. A also received a rechargeable batteries kit for both sides, 6 regular (3 for each side) and two chargers 

i prefer the rechargeable batteries for ecology reasons. I like the two microphone features of the Sonnet. I also like the D-Coil R and DL-Coil L differences as it aids in remembering which goes in which ear!

i have a ways to go before I need to upgrade, and am looking forward to seeing what MedEl gas to offer in the years ahead.