Voucher

Carolmarie

Did any of you hear that if you get implant in USA after March 17 you will get a voucher for the newest rondo so when it comes out you turn in your voucher 

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes that’s how it works. Great option for many in the US! 

• HearPeers Heroes

I fell into the Sonnet voucher for my right CI.  I received a voucher for the Sonnet when it became available.  In the Sonnet voucher program, we did not receive the Sonnet as soon as the Sonnets became available in the US.  People in the US were receiving Sonnets with surgeries before Med-El started processing our Sonnet vouchers.  Then our vouchers were processed in batches.  It took awhile before everyone with a Sonnet voucher received their Sonnets.  If memory serves me correctly, the first people receiving Sonnets at activation in the US started in April/May 2015.  My Sonnet voucher was processed in mid February 2016.  There was quite a delay.  But the voucher program is great in the end.  It just may require patience.

• HearPeers Heroes

Mary Beth:  I would guess that had to do with manufacturing capacity.  I work in a medical device manufacturing facility and it's a balance between being able to fulfill customer requirements and having workers run out of work when the increased demand ends.  You can't staff your plant for the most you could possibly want to manufacture or you'd be laying people off all the time in between.  Sounds like Med-El managed it fairly well.  After all, the people with the vouchers already had a processor.

I'll be participating in PlusRondo and am okay if it takes a little while.  (Note to Med-El moderators:  that's not the same thing as wanting to be at the end of the line)  :-)

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

Makes perfect sense.  It was fine with me too but I mentioned it because many people were very frustrated.

Things may work out faster with the Rondo 2.

I am excited for people to get Rondo 2s so we can read their reviews.

• HearPeers Heroes

I hope I don't have to wait long to fill my voucher cos that would mean that I would have to pay for the mappings for the Rondo2. Hoping I will get it while I'm going the mappings for the Sonnet which are covered in my surgery bundle. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel  even after all the the many beginning MAPping appts are over, we often return every 6 months or annually for testing and slight MAPping adjustments.  Maybe you can have your Rondo 2 MAPped at one of those appts if the timing doesn’t work out.

• HearPeers Heroes

Great idea @Mary Beth. I have been scheduled for 6 months of mappings following surgery. Didn't realise I may have to go back for mappings after that every six months. Hopefully it will be annual. This is a very expensive undertaking! Wish they could do mappings over the internet! 

• HearPeers Heroes

You know, @Jewel, that's a really interesting thought.  I'd think it might even be possible, mapping over the internet.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth I signed out and it is still giving the same problem. Hence why I can't delete your name here. 

@Mary FeatherstonI believe they are exploring the option of doing the mappings over the internet right now. Hopefully they will roll it out soon. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Just got my Sonnet and Rondo activated two months ago and yesterday received a post card saying my rondo 2 was being shipped to my hearing provider. Does anyone know anything about this?  Is this the voucher issue people are talking about?

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @Hearing Again

If you are in the US and fell under the plus Rondo 2 promo (voucher), Med-El is shipping those now.  Some people have already received their Rondo 2s.  Depending on your CI center, the Rondo 2 may be shipped directly to you or to your audiologist.

I hope the start of your CI journey is going well!  

• 5 months later...

When you think about the voucher what come with it

when I got mine I was a little surprise how little you get with the voucher

i got the rondo2, covers and charger that was all

but it was free

• HearPeers Heroes

@Carolmarie

Let us know what comes in your new activation Rondo 2 kit!

I sure will

they asked me just yesterday if I would like to have quat fm

i can’t remember the name

i was surprise and excited

i will send pictures when I see my kit

• HearPeers Heroes

Roger MyLink neckloop receiver with either a Roger Select or Roger Pen transmitter perhaps?

• 5 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@Marlene

For several years people in Europe have had a voucher for the AudioLink.

In the US, Med-El is running a promotion for people who upgrade to Rondo 2 or Sonnet 1 before the Sonnet 2 is released.  Those choosing an upgrade to the Sonnet 1 can choose an AudioLink voucher.

Let me see if I can find that link.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marlene

Here is the promo for AudioLink voucher with upgrades to Sonnet 1 for a limited time.

https://files.constantcontact.com/31e13cde001/aa64249c-39e0-4df2-8998-bb990e0e777d.pdf

Here is the promo for AudioLink vouchers for new recipients

https://www.medel.com/us/audiolink

Both of these are Med-El promos in the US.

@Mary BethOk I’m a little confused now as people in Canada are getting the voucher 

29 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Marlene

Here is the promo for AudioLink voucher with upgrades to Sonnet 1 for a limited time.

https://files.constantcontact.com/31e13cde001/aa64249c-39e0-4df2-8998-bb990e0e777d.pdf

Here is the promo for AudioLink vouchers for new recipients

https://www.medel.com/us/audiolink

Both of these are Med-El promos in the US.