Spring/Summer surgeries and activations

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Wishing @Mary Featherston the best at her first activation on May 9th (tomorrow!)!

Upcoming events:

@Carolmarie first CI surgery on May 25th

@stranger first CI activation on May 28th

@Jewel first CI surgery on August 21st

Anyone else want to add their surgery or activation dates to our list so we can cheer you on as well?

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks, @Mary Beth and @Megan L. !

I'm pretty sure I'll be useless in the meeting I have at work in the morning before I go! 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Good luck today @Mary Featherston !! Remember it’s not a race it’s a journey. It takes time and perseverance and patience to get there. There will be obstacles and hurdles to jump but stay the course as the reward is great! 

• Like 4

• HearPeers Heroes

Good to see you @Megan L..  How are things going for you?

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @Mary Beth ?  things are good! Busy as usual. I made a phone call this morning to the doctors office and after the call I thought to myself, “thank goodness for my Bionic ear. It works amazing!” It never gets old how amazing it works or how much easier it makes everything. Not to mention how clear everything sounds. I’m excited for our new and old Bionic friends to get activated and follow their journey!!!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @Megan L. glad to hear from you as well. I feel the exact same way as you do! 

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @Kara of Canada ? Its kind of like the gift that keeps on giving! Did you get activated yet? I can’t remember...if so how is it?

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @Megan L. yes I was activated last week. It’s going good. I just don’t really enjoy the tedious training. But I found out how awesome TED talks are! So that’s making it better! 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kara of Canada Congrats! ahhh yes I remember those brain training tedious listening activities. Very boring but the payoff is wonderful ? glad you found listening activities that are more bearable!!! Are you allowed to wear your other ear while training the new one?

• HearPeers Heroes

No. But as @Mary Beth suggests I do listen to music with them together. So some trianing together. But not officially. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Megan L.

I agree.  So exciting.

I’m doing great.  Thanks for asking.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth glad to hear all is well! School’s almost out ? unless you’re doing summer school?

• HearPeers Heroes

Well not yet. I’m on day 7 but I can hear it. So yes two ears are better than one for me. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes it’s working for sure. It was very very muffled at first but it is slowly working out. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks it really is. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I've been activated for oh, about three hours now.  I heard speech, but very distorted and beepy and whispery.  Still, it was a great start and such an experience to have, I haven't heard much in this ear in years. 

I turned on music in the car on the way home and some of it I could hear better.  It was kind of interesting, the percussion was all exactly as it should be, it's just voices that have to be worked on, it seems.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Oh, and I did learn that my electrode array is Flex 28.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston wonderful!!! Enjoy your journey. Music came back to me before voices did too ? I didn’t mind that!

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks, @Megan L.!

The beepy sounds are gone already.  What I'm hearing now is a sort of echo chamber effect.  Is that normal?