Rondo 2 up close

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

In the US, Med-El reps host events like Meet Ups and Mingles (They are all listed on Med-El USA’s official FB page.)

Some of us have had the opportunity to see and hold the Rondo 2.

I am amazed at how much lighter and sleeker Rondo 2 is!  The pictures do not do it justice.  Soooo light.  It had magnet strength 2 circles in it when I saw it.  The cover snaps off easily whenever it needs to be changed.  There is a place for attachment lines under the cover.  But again....soooo much lighter.  I bet some of us may even be able to use weaker magnets due to the decreased weight.

Looking forward to the Rondo 2’s release in the US.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

When I was activated with rondo on June 28

the rep from med-el was there to help with the programming 

i was able to hold both the rondo and rondo 2 and wow what a different

she said I will get my in around late September

i can’t wait

i love my rondo it really works I cried and I understand 95% of the words right at start

i was suppose to go for mapping last week but end up with tooth infection

the run of bad luck but worth been able to hear

still can’t smile or blink for a few more month

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

The Rondo 2 is crazy light!  Amazing.  I just held it in awe too!

I’m glad you are off to a terrific start!

@Carolmarie

Hope everything else sorts itself out soon.

Just can’t wait until I get it

the drier I got with this rondo is so cool no block need 

the old drier you have to change the block every few months

this one smaller and just for rondo 

not to be use with rondo 2

i also received a roger pen and itech and tv part for the pen

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Carolmarie

I like the newer dryer too.  Great for Rondos, Opus 2 and Sonnet.  When you receive your Rondo 2 you won’t need any dryer and that will be even better.

You received the Roger Pen and the Roger MyLink neckloop to use with your Rondo?  How do you like it?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Daniel the Stranger

https://www.flow-med.com/product/dry-star_uv2/

And it is much smaller to pack when traveling too.  It also is finished in half the time as the other dryer with the brick.

• Like 1

I love my roger pen and mylink it is great for mall and restaurant 

i have not use the tv one yet 

I do great with just rondo for tv

the only thing I didn’t get was the battery backup that ok

i rather have the roger pen

i dont know what I will get with my right implant yet

• HearPeers Heroes

@Carolmarie

Is the battery back up, the mini battery pack for the Rondo?  Not many people use that because it requires a cable from the Rondo to the battery pack.  And Rondos use disposable batteries which are easy to keep handy.  

I am glad you like the Roger MyLink neckloop.  It will work with your Rondo 2 also.

When is your surgery on your right side?  Soon?

4 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Daniel the Stranger

https://www.flow-med.com/product/dry-star_uv2/

And it is much smaller to pack when traveling too.  It also is finished in half the time as the other dryer with the brick.

Thanks for the link, I had no idea these things existed. I had a quick look on the web and found that there are more brands apart from that one. I think I'm going to buy one when I run out of desiccants.

• HearPeers Heroes

That is the one Med-El switched to in the US around mid 2015.

You are right 

i hate cable cord

i love using the roger pen in the store with my friend if we get separated she can tell me which alsie she is at. I keep the rondo on mt

less panic for me  faster to find each other

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

Is that dryer good? I have a similar one made my Widex for my HA but I always end up having to take the HA to the audi to get rid of the moisture.

I was hoping the dryer would be something that doesn't require electricity. 

• HearPeers Heroes

This dryer works great for me but requires electricity.  I have another one for camping that doesn’t use electricity.

• HearPeers Heroes

This dryer works great for me but requires electricity.  I have another one for camping that doesn’t use electricity.

I used the dryer that I get at the Walgreen for traveling

no electricity 

i get points at Walgreens 

• HearPeers Heroes
3 hours ago, Jewel said:

@Mary Beth

Is that dryer good? I have a similar one made my Widex for my HA but I always end up having to take the HA to the audi to get rid of the moisture.

@Jewel that's the box that comes in the Sonnet kit, so you'll probably get it.  I had my processor stop working due to humidity a few weeks back when we were up  at my brother's cabin when the humidity went way, way up and we had a HUGE rainstorm overnight.  I ran it through a cycle in the dry box and it came out fine.  I'm betting it will work well for you in your climate too.

• HearPeers Heroes
3 hours ago, Jewel said:

@Mary Beth

@Jewel that's the box that comes in the Sonnet kit, so you'll probably get it.  I had my processor stop working due to humidity a few weeks back when we were up  at my brother's cabin when the humidity went way, way up and we had a HUGE rainstorm overnight.  I ran it through a cycle in the dry box and it came out fine.  I'm betting it will work well for you in your climate too.

• HearPeers Heroes

I have only used it a few times.  I purchased it because it is made by the same company that made the dry kit with bricks I received from Med-El after my first CI.  

I use dry kits every night and have never had a problem due to moisture with my Sonnets/ Rondos/ Opus 2.

• HearPeers Heroes

I met with my Med-El rep today and got to see a Rondo2 in real life!  It's light and looks like it will be really nice.  I'm looking forward to this!

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

I met with my Med-El rep today and got to see a Rondo2 in real life!  It's light and looks like it will be really nice.  I'm looking forward to this!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

When will the Rondo 2 be available all over the US? I got the voucher coupon for a free one when it comes out. I HATE my sonnet and the mess it's become. My ear is not large enough to support the processor and I've had to have an ear mold made just to "teather" it in place. Add the stem from my glasses and there is a bunch of stuff that causes me to look forward to removing everything as soon as I can!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lisa

The off the ear one piece processors are quite comfortable for exactly the reasons you mention.  Rondo 2 is supposed to be released in the US this fall.  Med-El has not announced a release date yet.  You can follow Med-El USA official FB page for updates.  A lot of people are eager for its release.

In the meantime, to try to make your Sonnet more comfortable.......have you considered using a headband to hold the Sonnet so it is actually not sitting on your ear?  You can find an assortment of cool designs on Etsy , etc.  Just be sure that the design you select does not cover the Sonnet mics.

Med-El also offers ways to wear the Sonnet that reduce or eliminate the amount on our ears.  Check out Sonnet active wear.

I am sorry your CI journey has started off this way.  I hope you find a comfortable solution soon.  Keep us posted.