Setting a Date

Emily C.

• HearPeers Heroes
10 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

Liking the CI center you go to is huge.  Those of us who are fortunate to have found a great match are very lucky.  It makes the entire CI process so much better.

How far away is your CI center?

@Mary Beth - the clinic is in a medical center of the University of Minnesota campus (Minneapolis campus, I should say).  From my house that's about 28 miles but the only time I went there from home was surgery day.  Usually l go from work, which is less.  Maybe 15 miles.

It's pretty easy to get to.  There is a huge insufficiency of parking on the U of M campus (been true forever, I had trouble when I was an undergrad there) but the medical center has valet parking so there's nothing to worry about.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

That sure is convenient!  Terrific.  I hope you hear your second surgery date soon,

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes
2 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

That sure is convenient!  Terrific.  I hope you hear your second surgery date soon,

Oh, no kidding.  I was hoping to hear this week, but I'll probably email the woman who does that next week.  Even if it's later than I want, I'd like to know - trying to plan a vacation for the fall too.

• HearPeers Heroes
2 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

Oh, no kidding.  I was hoping to hear this week, but I'll probably email the woman who does that next week.  Even if it's later than I want, I'd like to know - trying to plan a vacation for the fall too.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

So you have to pay for the valet parking? I'm not used to valet parking. Who's responsible if that person hits your car while the valet is driving out? Just curious. 

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes
17 minutes ago, Jewel said:

@Mary Featherston

So you have to pay for the valet parking? I'm not used to valet parking. Who's responsible if that person hits your car while the valet is driving out? Just curious. 

Hi @Jewel - yes, it's $6 each time I go.  Cheap at the price, though, parking's expensive in the city.  If the valet is driving the car I'd imagine they'd be responsible. So far all the guys doing the parking have been really good, though.  I would imagine they may be student jobs, the guys all look young.  But if so they train them well, I've never seen a problem.  They do like my car.  B)

• HearPeers Heroes
17 minutes ago, Jewel said:

@Mary Featherston

Hi @Jewel - yes, it's $6 each time I go.  Cheap at the price, though, parking's expensive in the city.  If the valet is driving the car I'd imagine they'd be responsible. So far all the guys doing the parking have been really good, though.  I would imagine they may be student jobs, the guys all look young.  But if so they train them well, I've never seen a problem.  They do like my car.  B)

• HearPeers Heroes

I am still waiting on my Rondo2

As for programming the Sonnets with ASM2, I had to wait for the FDA approval of the two mics.

When than was resolved, my AUD set ASM2 on and mapped me for it. Then showed me how to adjust my FineTuner to make use of it.

Whenever I am in a restaurant, I use the ASM2 features by adjusting my mics to focus on on the table I'm at. I use the FineTuner to decrease the Sensitivity 5 clicks, and decrease the volume 2 clicks. Doing so help me a bit. I also use my Roger pen by either pointing at the speaker, and setting on the table and hope no-one spills any wine!

These tools help me survive a restaurant setting - When I leave I must remember to press Reset on the FineTuner.

• HearPeers Heroes

As for programming the Sonnets with ASM2, I had to wait for the FDA approval of the two mics.

When than was resolved, my AUD set ASM2 on and mapped me for it. Then showed me how to adjust my FineTuner to make use of it.

Whenever I am in a restaurant, I use the ASM2 features by adjusting my mics to focus on on the table I'm at. I use the FineTuner to decrease the Sensitivity 5 clicks, and decrease the volume 2 clicks. Doing so help me a bit. I also use my Roger pen by either pointing at the speaker, and setting on the table and hope no-one spills any wine!

These tools help me survive a restaurant setting - When I leave I must remember to press Reset on the FineTuner.

• HearPeers Heroes

• HearPeers Heroes

• HearPeers Heroes

• HearPeers Heroes

• HearPeers Heroes

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell

Some ideas that may help in restaurants.... maybe you have already tried these.....

I switch my Sonnets to a MAP in always adaptive mic setting in noisy restaurants and notice a big improvement.  My audiologist stored my favorite Sonnet MAP set to always adaptive mic setting in a program slot so I just use my Fine Tuner and switch to that program slot.

Some friends had their audiologists set a program slot for their preferred noise settings (like your sensitivity down 5, volume down 2).  They use their Fine Tuners to quickly change to that program slot in noise.

Here is the thing about using the Roger Pen in a noisy restaurant with Sonnets.  When the Roger receiver is active, our Sonnets automatically switch into omni mic setting to mix the sound.  So we lose the benefits of always adaptive.  Also, most restaurants are louder than 70 dB.  When the Roger Pen is set on a table AND it is 70 dB or louder, the Roger Pen will only pick up the sounds from one direction (wherever it is pointing).  So aiming it at speakers or having someone wear it works better in that setting.  The new Roger Select works great on a table in noise.  We can purchase the Roger Select and it works with our Sonnet Roger receivers.

It takes a bit of trial and error to figure out what works best for each of us as you well know.  Smile.  If you find something that helps you better, let us know!

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Oh my, 7 posts repeated. How do I delete the repeats??

• HearPeers Heroes

• HearPeers Heroes

• HearPeers Heroes

Don’t worry about it @Jdashiell

It’s not your fault.  Tech problems have been giving everyone trouble here.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes I noticed others repeats

Now as I Submit Reply my screen freezes and and I need to re-login