July 2018 present problems with the forum

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

We are having so many tech problems with this forum right now.  I started this topic so we can each describe the problems we are experiencing along with which device we are using.

I hope having all of our problems in one place will help your tech people.

People have made comments to me about leaving the forum due to the amount of problems they experience here.  

• HearPeers Heroes

I use an iPhone and an iPad running the latest iOS.  Same problems present on both devices.

-I get signed out of HPs somehow now and that never happened before as I have selected keep me signed in.  It is happening every day.

-Whenever I comment or begin a new topic and hit submit.....it does not show that the post has been submitted.  It looks like it has only partially completed the submission.  If I exit that screen and check all activity, my new post is NOT there.  If I wait SEVERAL MINUTES and check again, it is there.

-I am getting Gateway timed out sometimes after I hit submit.  However, the post does actually appear in several minutes.  But I need to open a new window of HPs in order to proceed.

-I am getting duplicate posts even though I only hit submit one time.

BA9EF7F1-D4DF-40F8-BECE-AAE7FDE87744.png

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm seeing those same issues on my Windows 10 laptop, so it is not restricted to Apple OS.

Also, we are seeing double and triple posts from a single Submit click.

It is something being done to improve the forum usability? I couldn't reply to a post from @Mary Beth because it went to 403 Forbidden. But I could post something else. 

Tried again posting the reply to @Mary Beth but I couldn't.

I give up,

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

Will you explain the problems you’ve been having for weeks with the tagged names again?

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm not Jewel, but I've had issues with tagged names.  Sometimes when you tag a name, your cursor gets stuck in the blue box and then you can't add any comments after the name.  It's odd.

Also, just as a random example of oddity, I have no idea what that quote box is doing there.  I didn't intend to quote anyone.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

Sorry just saw your message. Many times when I tag a person in a comment, the next time I want to make a comment, it shows my previous comment in the box and I try to delete the entire post so as to enter my new post. I am able to delete everything except the tagged name that was there for the previous post. There's no way to delete the tag. So I sometimes don't bother to post the message cos too much hassle. 

Also I notice that when I try to post a new comment it takes a long time to save the message. 

And of course if I quote someone's message sometimes the cursor goes into the box with the person's original message and I am unable to get out of the box. 

I have these issues when using Samsung Internet on my Samsung S7 Edge phone. 

Hi @Mary Beth, @Daniel the Stranger, @Jewel and @Mary Featherston

Thanks so much for alerting us to these.

We are aware that there are ongoing technical issues with HearPeers, and we’re very sorry for any inconvenience caused. We are currently working with our developer to resolve these and to improve the overall HearPeers experience. In the meantime, please do continue to alert us to these problems – we may not be able to do anything immediately but we are collecting all of these bugs and feeding it back to our support teams. We really appreciate your patience with this.

Kind regards, 

Mary 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

Thanks Mary.  Fingers crossed it gets fixed soon.  

Did you notice that your own post showed up three times?

• Like 1

Hi Mary Beth, 

I did not! Thanks for spotting that :) 

Mary 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

I am having problems as well.  I don’t recievce an email from subjects i wished to be notified about. For which I have the box checked. My browser also toe,s me the site is not secure. Not sure why that would be.