implant quality varies and implant shut down with new battery (no flashing light) and then popped back on later

trinka

I have noticed quality changes after loud music and sometimes after wearing all day.  I have more difficulty understanding after the loud music for a period of time, sometimes a few hours.  Also, the quality can change to a very gravelly, unpleasant sound, usually after wearing for a day.  It has only shut down on me once when the battery was new but I could not understand why his happened and am hoping it does not happen again?  I did drop both of my processors when I first got them, more than once, and hope this did not harm them.  

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Cathy

welcome to hearpeers!! Honestly that sounds pretty strange. I would touch base with your Medel patient service rep and explain what is happening. They might be able to assist as they know the type of processor and implant as well as your hearing history. It would also be a good idea to touch base with your doctor as well. I think between the two of them and your Audi, you will get down to the bottom of what is going on.

How long have you been implanted? Do you have one or two implants?

Adam

Hi Adam,  Thank you for responding so quickly.   Hopefully, I am on the right track of navigating here.  I have been implanted since May of 2014.  I am definitely glad that I did it but I think maybe something is going on here and I wanted to get a feel from others not knowing what can go on.  I am going to take your advice and get in touch with Medel.  Have a great day!!    Cathy

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Cathy

Be sure to let us know what is happening. We are here to support and encourage each other as not many people have walked in our shoes. Hoping you get things resolved quickly

Talk to you soon

• 1 month later...

I have had the same problem since I got them.  I am having to purchase the new Sonnet because I work outside and they both shut-down when I begin to sweat.  Can't hear, can't work. 

Music sounds awful and voices are still mechanical, gravely sounding.  Babies crying hurts my ears   Very poor workmanship in the design knowing moisture destroys them.  Very disappointed.