Rondo and High Humidity

Sandy

• HearPeers Heroes

I’ve been having difficulty with my processor recently.  I’m in Florida and the humidity has been high. Sounds are hollow and very loud. Has anyone else experienced this?

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @Sandy

Florida sounds lovely.  It’s freezing here!

Are you using a dry kit every night?

You may have a problem with your Rondo. Is it still under warranty?

• HearPeers Heroes

It is lovely.  I’m leaving on Thursday for Santa Fe and then Phoenix for a month. Yes I’m using the dry kit each night.  No I no longer have a warranty.

• HearPeers Heroes

If it doesn’t go back to sounding normal, are you able to contact your CI center while you are traveling?

• HearPeers Heroes

I can.  I might try recalibration it and see what happens.  There are high ceilings in the house so that could be a factor.

Environment can certainly cause dramatic changes. It was quite a shock the day we had all the carpets removed from the main floor and hardwood put in. It was like “what have we done!”  It was awful, like listening in a cavern. But I gradually adjusted. Also when I notice sounds getting quite tinny, I know the battery is about ready to start beeping😀

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks Mary Beth.  I too find it tinny when my batteries are about to go.  I’ll keep you informed. 

• 4 weeks later...