Awarded inventor - Geoffrey R. Ball,

Ivana Marinac

• HearPeers Heroes

http://www.medel.com/geoffrey-ball-life-award-2013/

Geoffrey R. Ball, father of Vibrant Soundbridge and grandfather of Bonebridge got a reward for the outstanding contribution for the people with conductive hearing loss.

Cool

I read the book from him :  "Und ich höre doch !"

Interesting story about his life and the VSB - FMT.

Thomas

• HearPeers Heroes

Definitely - I didn't know for it. An opportunity to relearn German...Wink

Nononooo !

This book was translated from English to German. So you don't have to lean German Tongue out

But, If you want learn German, I can sent you the book.

Thomas

• HearPeers Heroes

Nononooo !

This book was translated from English to German. So you don't have to lean German Tongue out

But, If you want learn German, I can sent you the book.

Thomas

I would gladly like to - Croatia was very much influenced historically by Germany and Austria and even now our medicine is built firmly on these foundations. Wink

What is the name of the book in English?

• HearPeers Heroes

Actually, I have found it:

No More Laughing at the Deaf Boy.

• HearPeers Heroes

german is one of the hardest languages to learn from what i understand

• HearPeers Heroes

Not quite.... In Europe you have a lot of pretty imaginative languages like Hungarian for instance.

Croatian is also not so easy to learn - our grammar is a lot more extensive and nothing like anglo-saxon group of language.

• HearPeers Heroes

I agree, when I travelled across Europe the two languages that were the hardest to understand were Hungarian and Finnish. Some days, drawing pictures was the only way to communicate.

• HearPeers Heroes

I agree, when I travelled across Europe the two languages that were the hardest to understand were Hungarian and Finnish. Some days, drawing pictures was the only way to communicate.

• HearPeers Heroes

WOW, I couldn't even imagine. Add a hearing loss on top of it.  heck I have trouble with my own language.

Ivana, do you have a number of different dialects to deal with or is it pretty similar wherever you go.

• HearPeers Heroes

Understandable - these languages have same root: ugro-finnish group of languages.

You anglo-saxons are not aware even slightest how your language is easier than whole bunch of other foreigh languages. Ok - you have that situation around so many tenses which a lot of people can not understand fully but - it is possible to have a reasonable communication in English even without it.

• HearPeers Heroes

WOW, I couldn't even imagine. Add a hearing loss on top of it.  heck I have trouble with my own language.

Ivana, do you have a number of different dialects to deal with or is it pretty similar wherever you go.

Each country in Europe has large number of dialects even Croatia which is so small and, of course you struggle with them. For instance, dialect on the seaside (Split for instance) is much different than in the capital city - so different that even a lot of good hearing people can not understand them.

They are pretty much stubborn and even when they come to the capital city they still use that hardly understandable dialect of theirs.

I would compare it with hard accent&dialect of the southern part of States.

Now you can see what is difference for me if I can understand what was said.

• HearPeers Heroes

Makes perfect sense. I can remember moving down south thinking, "what the heck are these people talking about?"

• HearPeers Heroes

Makes perfect sense. I can remember moving down south thinking, "what the heck are these people talking about?"

Some things are just more universal than - globalisation itself. Laughing

• HearPeers Heroes

Everybody makes fun of northeners with funny accents but WOW. It took some getting used to. Of course i have been down south long enough to pick up some accent but some of the (yankee) in me is probably never gonna leave. If i say the words coffee, talk, all, you guys, not hard to figure out where i am from. Problem is i draw out the word I now a little so my family up north makes fun of me for sounding like a southerner and my wifes family makes fun of me for sounding like a "Yankee'

• HearPeers Heroes

Everybody makes fun of northeners with funny accents but WOW. It took some getting used to. Of course i have been down south long enough to pick up some accent but some of the (yankee) in me is probably never gonna leave. If i say the words coffee, talk, all, you guys, not hard to figure out where i am from. Problem is i draw out the word I now a little so my family up north makes fun of me for sounding like a southerner and my wifes family makes fun of me for sounding like a "Yankee'

He-he...Laughing

Not to good to sit on both chair....WinkTongue out

• HearPeers Heroes

I cant win for losing. Loris dad takes every opportunity to remind me i am a yankee. My thought is, ok i get it! we have been married 20 years, you dont need to remind me. especially since i have been down here for over 20 years.

That being said, i just cannot bring myself to say "ya'll" It just does not flow right. It will be "you guys" until the day i die i guess.

I cant win for losing. Loris dad takes every opportunity to remind me i am a yankee. My thought is, ok i get it! we have been married 20 years, you dont need to remind me. especially since i have been down here for over 20 years.

That being said, i just cannot bring myself to say "ya'll" It just does not flow right. It will be "you guys" until the day i die i guess.

Ok, if you can't say "y'all" try "you'uns"!