Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'surgery'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • In General
    • The MED-EL Corner
    • General Discussions
    • Introduce Yourself
    • Current Events
    • ALDs and Other Hearing Technologies
    • Parents of Children with Hearing Loss
    • Teenage Hearing Implant Recipients
    • Adult Hearing Implant Recipients
    • Single-Sided Deafness
  • MED-EL Hearing Solutions
    • SONNET 2
    • RONDO 2
    • SONNET
    • RONDO
    • OPUS 2
    • ADHEAR
    • Electrode Arrays
    • VIBRANT SOUNDBRIDGE
    • BONEBRIDGE
    • EAS
    • ABI
    • AudioKey
    • AudioLink
  • Living with a Hearing Implant
    • Rehab
    • Before and After Surgery
    • "WOW" Moments
    • Music
  • Miscellaneous
    • Forum Feedback and Suggestions
    • How to use the HearPeers forum

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 4 results

  1. Hello everyone, I saw the CI surgeon earlier. He said I would have a better chance of success if I do my better ear. This was unexpected as back in January he had selected the worse ear to do. But in our conversation today I told him that insurance is not covering my surgery. He thought that I would have been able to do my second ear if there wasn't much success with the first, but realising that I may never be able to afford that, he changed his mind. He did say that the final decision is up to me. I have decided to go with the better ear but I must say it pains me to be doing that one. I'm wondering how I will be able to manage at work before and after activation. I'm starting to feel very emotional about this all of a sudden.
  2. Hello everyone, I saw the CI surgeon earlier. He said I would have a better chance of success if I do my better ear. This was unexpected as back in January he had selected the worse ear to do. But in our conversation today I told him that insurance is not covering my surgery. He thought that I would have been able to do my second ear if there wasn't much success with the first, but realising that I may never be able to afford that, he changed his mind. He did say that the final decision is up to me. I have decided to go with the better ear but I must say it pains me to be doing that one. I'm wondering how I will be able to manage at work before and after activation. I'm starting to feel very emotional about this all of a sudden.
  3. Hi everyone, So with my rapidly declining hearing, I'm left with almost no hearing in my right ear. I am scheduled for a surgery on 14th August which is really soon. The problem is, my usual doct is no longer with the hospital and im given another doct which is experienced (14 years), but I do not trust as much. He told me that the following are complications from the surgery, but are very rare: -Meningitis (I took 2 vacines for this already) -Facial Paralysis (Is this reversible does anyone know?) -Lost of sense of taste -Infection -Implant might not work Well, I am most afraid facial paralysis, migraines, and losing my sense of taste. I'm not really worried about being cut up or losing my residual hearing. Im worried about the after effects and how my life will be after that.. I'm only 21 I don't want to screw up my life by 1 surgery. Ok the main thing is, this doct says I dont need any more scans as my last scan was in 2015. Is this reliable? My family is really so emotional now over me getting surgery, that none of us can relax and make sound decisions. Do I go ahead with the surgery? Is there any safe steps I should follow before going for the surgery? Am i panicking too much? Please help.
  4. Hello All, Fresh to the forum, my 3 year old daughter is getting bilateral MED-EL Implants on Wednesday morning for use with the Sonnet Processor. She has progressive hearing loss due to Connexin 26 and her audiogram shows a decline over the last year leading to her now being severe in one ear and severe/profound in the other although we believe it got a bit worse recently. We are getting retested prior to surgery to ensure we have a baseline and we can know how much existing hearing has been retained post surgery. We are a mixture of nervous and scared paired with excited and optimistic for her future hearing, can anyone offer any advice or tips for our family on the surgery and recovery. Many thanks, Pete
×
×
  • Create New...