Son Activated 3 weeks ago

pdworznik

All new to this forum but wanted to reach out.  Son, 4 years old, was activated 3 weeks ago, bilateral implaneted and has been doing tremendous.  Audiolist says he has word recognition at 2 weeks that would expect at 3-6 months. Issue we are having is that we have had a few "hickups" with equipment and he totally is frustrated and we totally get frustrated, any thoughts?

Thank you for any feedback

Thanks for reaching out, Paul! We are so glad to hear your son is doing tremendously post-activation. Can you expand on what types of "hiccups" your son is experiencing with his equipment? We want to make sure his device is functioning optimally.

• 2 weeks later...

Hillary,

We are having serious moisture issues and shutdown, cable failures, and battery packs burn up.

Thanks for your reply, Paul. I am sorry to hear about the issues with your son's equipment. I understand our customer service and in-house audiology departments are working closely with you to get the issues resolved. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. We are here to help!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

I totaly understand what you are experiencing. My son was implanted at 3 and again at 5. Now he is almost 7. We went through a lot of lot of cables. They are very delicate so be careful your son dont pull on them too much. My son Sam sweats a lot behind ears so the moisture shuts down the processor. Take it appart every night to dry it. Also clean the parts with rubbing alcohol that helps a lot. If your CI came with the option to clip his CI on his shirt, use it,thatway at least 1 will be working if the other is moist.

People at MED EL are very helpful and if I need anything they are very prompt.

Hope this help

Best regards

Ivana

• 8 months later...

Hello Paul

My daughter is 4 and was activated yesterday.  She didn't give a clear indication that she was hearing anything at all. Did your son notice the sounds right away?

Drew