Headaches?

Kara of Canada

• HearPeers Heroes

Lol! I was just out making snow forts with the kids it's just below 0 here. Lots of packing snow!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Also I never stopped wearing it. I just turned it way down with volume and sensitivity. It was easily bearable. Just not where I would like it. The new map is much better though.

• HearPeers Heroes

Each map will get a little better as you tune things in. Just remember that it is going to take time. You will have great days and days where it seems you can't understand anything.

On those days, take the day off. Don't practice per se, just relax and listen. It may not seem like it but as long as you have the processors on, your brain is working. That is what you want.

Sometimes concentrating on a specific exercise can be frustrating which is counter productive. It will come. Just like being out in the snow. You weren't practicing but your brain sure was as I am sure there were a number of sounds it had to say, ok what was that?

It is a journey and will take time. Sometimes if you let go a little, things seem to come a little easier. Rehab is crucial in the success of the implant, just don't forget that every minute that you have them on is rehab

• HearPeers Heroes

I thankyou guys for being here. That's the best part well one of the best parts I have gotten from having a CI!!! ❤️❤️

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

You will get there Kara, slow and steady wins the race

• HearPeers Heroes

THere not gone but much better. She also explained that the nerve endings are healing which can cause some discomfort around the implant site. There is a "ditch" where they did the surgery so it's quite sensitive.

• HearPeers Heroes

This is true and expected - cutting of nerve endings can be quite challenging and could be unpredicted. I didn't think about this as this healing of nerves is more like lack of sensations. Because of one surgery after my BB I have lack of sensations at my forhead.

Ok - the most important is that it hurts less. ;)

• HearPeers Heroes

Did not have that issue after CI surgery but did after a brain surgery. The cut was on my neck. Took a while to get the feeling back and was painful as the nerves repaired themselves. Hang in there Kara

• HearPeers Heroes

Interesting - my coronal incision twice never hurt in that way... 

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm fine. Went to work with my husband today. He's a grave digger. I enjoy goin with him.

• HearPeers Heroes

Well, it's quiet and peaceful... If we don't count the other side...:P

• HearPeers Heroes

I froze my butt off today though!! We had a cold snap today.

• HearPeers Heroes

No, no... It's not winter and cold... It's... Brrrr... :P :P :D

• HearPeers Heroes

Woke up to 30 Fahrenheit this morning. Pretty cold for this area

• HearPeers Heroes

We are at cca -3 without lots of oscillations during day.

• HearPeers Heroes

We are at -19C but 127C with the windchill. This morning and yesterday it was -35. So looking forward to Jamaica!