Surgery Complete

MMahoney

So I had my surgery on Friday the 27th.  for several hours after surgery  I had no or very little Tinnitus.  However by the night time the tinnitus was building.  By Saturday am its pretty much worse than its ever been, and it was pretty bad for a while..  But I had learned to deal with it.

I am curious as what others experienced after surgery...  

My activation is June 16th, so it's a little ways away.  But I am so glad I've made it this far, even if my Tinnitus is really bothering me...

• HearPeers Heroes

@MMahoney

congratulations on your CI surgery!  The fun begins at your activation.

After decades of tinnitus I was surprised to wake up from my right side CI surgery with an absolutely quiet ear.  The absence of tinnitus was so weird.  Then it came back.  Sounds similar to your experience.

Those first weeks and months the tinnitus varied greatly.  Sometimes much louder than before and other times quieter or absent.  At night when I removed my processor the tinnitus was loud and strange.

But that all went away.  Now with my processor on I do not notice any tinnitus and when I remove my processor before bed it returns but is so much quieter than before surgery.

Wishing you the best!  I look forward to following your journey.

There are quite a few newly activated or soon to be activated members at the moment.  I created a topic and tagged you in case you all would like to connect.

On 5/28/2022 at 10:17 AM, MMahoney said:

So I had my surgery on Friday the 27th.  for several hours after surgery  I had no or very little Tinnitus.  However by the night time the tinnitus was building.  By Saturday am its pretty much worse than its ever been, and it was pretty bad for a while..  But I had learned to deal with it.

I am curious as what others experienced after surgery...  

My activation is June 16th, so it's a little ways away.  But I am so glad I've made it this far, even if my Tinnitus is really bothering me...

😎 Cool u got this