Bonebridge implant tomorrow ......scared!

Alexmeek

You still hear that sound, Dylan? :huh:

Yes Ivana, I still can although it's not as noticeable. I suppose I've gotten more used to it.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes Ivana, I still can although it's not as noticeable. I suppose I've gotten more used to it.

Interesting... At least... I am puzzled..

• HearPeers Heroes

Pressure bandage now off and that horrible throbbing has dispersed! Still a little painful but a lot more manageable! Feeling more human and on the path to recovery!

• HearPeers Heroes

Glad to hear.

Be patient and things will move along

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all! Feeling better and have my switch on date as the 25th Feb! Little nervous but extremely excited to see how this is going to change my life! Scar healing nicely around my ear and got away with no shaving of my hair so I was very happy! Fingers crossed it has been all worth it! Hope ur all ok xx

Hey all! Feeling better and have my switch on date as the 25th Feb! Little nervous but extremely excited to see how this is going to change my life! Scar healing nicely around my ear and got away with no shaving of my hair so I was very happy! Fingers crossed it has been all worth it! Hope ur all ok xx

• HearPeers Heroes

That's awesome Alex!! Good luck and keep us posted.

• HearPeers Heroes

So - we can start counting :P until the 25th. ;)

Just relax - if something is weird, everything can be remapped. Do not worry. ;)

It is a fantastic, sometimes tiring journey. In the end it is well worth it!

• HearPeers Heroes

It is a fantastic, sometimes tiring journey. In the end it is well worth it!

Hey Ross - how is going your progress? :)

Progress is ongoing. Very positive. Added another program... for music. It was ok. Will have to talk to my audi. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Slow and steady!! It all takes time. Keep us posted.

• HearPeers Heroes

Progress is ongoing. Very positive. Added another program... for music. It was ok. Will have to talk to my audi. 

YaY!

Excellent - glad to hear that you are making a progress. ;)

Just meticulously note what are your observations - that is the best help for re-tuning your BB. B)

• HearPeers Heroes

It's all about " relentless forward motion" buddy. You will have good days , great days and challenging days. Just keep your eye on the prize and keep pushing forward!!!

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone,

I have successfully been using the Bonebridge now for 6 weeks and all is good. Everything has gone very well and i am now bionic and its part of my life.

Its been an incredible journey and thank-you all for your support. If anyone has any questions im happy to answer and share my experience etc.

Hope you all well.

For all those gadget peops i wonder if you can help me with the Minitek?

I was given the Siemens Minitek from my audiologist. I have connected it to my phone via Bluetooth and it registers as connected but i can't get any sound?

The samba has been linked to it and i can here the programme beeps but it wont let me hear the phone ringing, music or TV.

Im completely puzzled and wondered if anyone has experienced this?

Please let me know your thoughts

xx

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello ALexmeek - welcome back! :)

Glad to hear that everything went well... and that you're satisfied with results achieved up to now...:)

Regarding your question, yes - setting of proper functional link between Samba and miniTEK is somewhat - "pain in the ass". It's not easy and it is question whether are your devices connected properly or not.... I needed almost 6 months to get a proper connection but only because my device was programmed by the engineer who does not live near me; he is almost 350 km away and I was not familiar what exactly I should do. If you can not hear anything through your Samba - there is a chance that option for using of Samba was not activated: this happened to me after the fact that my first miniTEK was not functioning at all. 

Also, the receiver of miniTEK has to be pretty near to your ear where Samba is because the link between the devices is not really strong. This was made because the connection is not Samba-specific so theoretically it could happen that any other Siemens hearing aid "jump" into your connection between your miniTEK and Samba. 

This is the most frequent mistake. I have tested my laptop - how strong is the connection between it and miniTEK: it was pretty well - devices linked between themselves even 10 metres away. 

Also, your audiologist need to program specifically programmes which will appear only for the purpose of listening music over the miniTEK and answering of the mobile phones calls. That is why I now have only 3 programmes when I do not have switched on miniTEK; when I do switch it on, I have all 5 programmes. 

I would advise if you set up everything with your audiologist at the separate session. :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Glad to hear things are going well.

I don't have any experience with the minitek

• HearPeers Heroes

It is truly am amazing journey!! Congrats Alex!!

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone, next week I have an operation of the Bone Bridge! How long did you stay in the hospital?

Thanks!