New Bonebridge user

Nicole R

I'm so excited to be part of this group!! My name is Nicole and I'm a new Bonebridge user. I was activated on January 26! It has rocked my world!!

I'm from Northeren Ontario Canada.

• HearPeers Heroes

Nicole

Welcome to hearpeers!!! This is a great community of folks from all over the world in various stages in their hearing journey. We have a few from Canada as well.

I am bilateral with CIs. Be sure to check out the BoneBridge section here. Ivana has a BB as well so I'm sure she will be welcoming you soon.

Feel free to share as much or as little about yourself as you would like. Ask as many questions as you can.

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Nicole,

Welcome to Hearpeers. I'm unilateral with a CI and it rocked my world! Ask any questions. We are hear to support. By the way, I'm from Northwestern Ontario, Thunder Bay!

Sandy

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome to hearpeers! I'm a unilateral CI recipient. Please feel free to add any comments and dart a new topic if you want some unanswered questions answered. We like to get chatty here. So please forgive us if we get off topic. ( happens sometimes!!).

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana will be so happy to have another BB user here! Welcome

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana will be so happy to have another BB user here! Welcome

;)

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello Nicole,

Welcome at the Hearpeers and in the world of Bonebridge :D

I am unilateral BB user due to my conductive hearing loss as the consequence of middle ear changes since my birth.

Can you tell us little bit about yourself? :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Nicole,

Welcome to Hearpeers. I'm unilateral with a CI and it rocked my world! Ask any questions. We are hear to support. By the way, I'm from Northwestern Ontario, Thunder Bay!

Sandy

Welcome to hearpeers! I'm a unilateral CI recipient. Please feel free to add any comments and dart a new topic if you want some unanswered questions answered. We like to get chatty here. So please forgive us if we get off topic. ( happens sometimes!!).

You Canadians are becoming the most frequent new-coming at the Forum ;) - even in Croatia, we got a new prime minister from Canada! :D

• Like 2

You Canadians are becoming the most frequent new-coming at the Forum ;) - even in Croatia, we got a new prime minister from Canada! :D

Hi!

This forum is quite new to me so hopefully I'm doing this right!

I'm unilateral Bonebridge user since January 26.

I also wanted to mentioned that MedEl did a blog of my "story" and was posted yesterday (February 3rd)

I was born with bilateral microtia atresia with profound to severe conductive hearing loss on the right side(the Bonebridge implant side) and moderate to severe on the left side. I had bone gray surgery to try to form an ear on the right side but still no opening or ear Cana ( this was done when I was a baby). I learned to lip read and didn't get hearing aid till I was 16 yrs old. Hearing aid didn't really work as my ear canal on left side is so tiny. Yes I've struggled all my life!

I'm not sure what else I should mention but am so glad about finding this forum!!

I'm so amazed at the quality and clarity of sounds that I can hear!!

Thanks for the welcome!!

• HearPeers Heroes

I enjoyed your blog story. Glad that you could come to our forum. We really need some more bonebridge recipients.

• HearPeers Heroes

Kara,

Did Ivana pay you to post that? Smile

:D :D :D - yes, so I do not have to do that! :lol: :lol:

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi!

This forum is quite new to me so hopefully I'm doing this right!

I'm unilateral Bonebridge user since January 26.

I also wanted to mentioned that MedEl did a blog of my "story" and was posted yesterday (February 3rd)

I was born with bilateral microtia atresia with profound to severe conductive hearing loss on the right side(the Bonebridge implant side) and moderate to severe on the left side. I had bone gray surgery to try to form an ear on the right side but still no opening or ear Cana ( this was done when I was a baby). I learned to lip read and didn't get hearing aid till I was 16 yrs old. Hearing aid didn't really work as my ear canal on left side is so tiny. Yes I've struggled all my life!

I'm not sure what else I should mention but am so glad about finding this forum!!

I'm so amazed at the quality and clarity of sounds that I can hear!!

Thanks for the welcome!!

Yes Nicole - everything is good. :)

You have never had a bone conduction solution on the headband or at least in the glasses? :blink:

Like this - http://wps.prenhall.com/chet_martin_audiology_11/194/49689/12720601.cw/content/index.html:huh: