Pets Keeping CIs Interesting

Lauren

Recently (and reluctantly) fessed to having “some” cats and defined some as four. Here are the rascals. Their favorite is the Rondo 3 as the Sonnet 2 looks too similar to a hearing aid and they know not to mess with those. But the Rondo looks like a really fun toy to bap about. 

Here are my merry band of rascals. 

Clara (~6/7 years old):

E4D8BFEE-63BA-45A1-98F2-9019C57DF2D7.thumb.jpeg.57290e473093a6466a2bf25e77201c34.jpeg

Arya (Clara’s litternate):
11A3C390-BABE-48DB-8F15-A5B848B146EA.thumb.jpeg.9264280c1779af7593ff5ba32a864813.jpeg

Gertie (~9/10 years old; adopted from a local rescue in 2016)  often confused for Clara  

1047D39F-0D9E-498F-A19B-F03F71C1502F.thumb.jpeg.9758fbfdee90dbea86beceb0c397fbb1.jpeg
Comparison of Clara and Gertie:

0E8033C5-AEAE-497B-AEFE-B35DF7FAB483.thumb.jpeg.82ae382cf9e54f199340be0230548397.jpeg

Toulouse (~7/8 months)  The baby.

38E0CA63-6BDA-448F-9B3E-BFA7DD209397.thumb.jpeg.d812aceea90c249dd9861d062ff7d2f4.jpeg

C43DAE4E-3EC1-4223-985B-4DCE7AC08F7A.jpeg.88eca522079e153ae2b0c28c92a7b85b.jpeg

(His second time outside and first time outside when there was a loud bird squawking. Not so tough now, huh little guy?)

I’m starting to be able to hear their meows and chitters again and can also finally hear their purrs. I love that as their purring is the best sound in the world to me. I love hugging them and having my head up against the purring and hearing and feeling the vibrations. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

Thank you for posting their pics!!!  And telling a bit about their stories.  So adorable!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Chloe (all black) and Sean (black & white)

littermates adopted from a shelter at 11 weeks, now 8 months

Absolutely a blessing

32CE3C74-AC74-4E84-9697-D53C5B6A69F2.jpeg

@Mary Bethand @Lauren  Those cats are adorable!  If I ever figure out how to post a picture, I'll post one of our girl, Oreo.  She's a big lovebug we got from the SPCA about 11 years ago.  🧡😺 

Oreo 2013.JPG

Thanks, Mary Beth!  Oreo is the first female pet we've ever had...she's a bit of a diva! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Sigh. I spent this morning searching for one of my processors, crawling around on the floor looking for it. Found it stuck to a floor vent, thankfully both the vent and processor are magnetic! Mr Toulouse was naughty over night. I know it was him because I was taking a picture of the Rondos and he swooped in, grabbed one, and was gone.

He’s also figured out how to remove the microphone cover, and he’s better/faster at it than me. Still looking for the one he removed already. 

He’s lucky he’s cute. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

All these kitties are adorable!  We are currently catless, last year we lost our Katy, who was the last one.  We've decided not to have any more right now, as I'll be retiring this spring and we're hoping to be able to travel, and unaccoutably our catsitter didn't move out here with us.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

My cat used to nip my ankle when I sat down to watch TV, not enough to break the skin but enough that I knew he was there (requesting permission to jump up and join me).  Months after getting my first CI it dawned on me that he no longer nipped at my ankle.  My son pointed out "he doesn't have to Mom - now you hear him when he meows at you".  It was awesome not only being able to feel him purr, but to also really hear him purr.  Sadly he has since passed over the rainbow bridge and like @Mary Featherstonwe have decided not to have another.

This is Cooper.  Adopted in 2015 at 6 month old, about a year before my first CI, at the time I was at my deafest.... 

We only got Cooper bc we just lost one young cat of a bonded pair and we were hoping coop could cheer her up a bit. 

Cooper turned out to be a natural service-/hearing cat.  It was super strange.  when the oven beeps .. or any other beep, he used to just skillfully grab my attention and have me follow him. Then he'd sit his butt confidently on the floor, right in front of the beeping appliance... :DEither oven, microwave or timer. Or if someone waited up the driveway.. either way he'd get my attention there    I really could hardly believe it but he's done this many times and with full intention.  Since I got my CI he's retired to his other catty activities but I think he's always on the lookout to help if he can. 

IMG_20221228_211359_337.jpg

🥰

My cats twin abbysinnians help me hear the door, package 📦 drop off & dogs 🐶 barking next door. 

• Like 2

My cats ( above) pic of 2 brownish red cats help me hear the door, package drop off & dogs 🐶 barking.

They are wonderful kitties they provide lots of emotional support and help me hears sounds . When I have the tv on I often cant hear the door or dryer alarm.

Hila your Cat Cooper is Adorable !!! So wonderful how he helps you out !! Cats are amazing really ! When the phone rings if I have the TV on I dont hear the phone but My Cat Cosmos runs to my office and sits on my desk next to the phone !💗The first sound I heard after I was implanted was my Cat Cosmo Meow!! And I had never heard him meow before! 😇 It was music to my ears !!! 🎵 I really needed that emotional boost as it was 2020 &  we were locked down. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2023 at 4:04 PM, Vivo said:

Hila your Cat Cooper is Adorable !!! So wonderful how he helps you out !! Cats are amazing really ! When the phone rings if I have the TV on I dont hear the phone but My Cat Cosmos runs to my office and sits on my desk next to the phone !💗The first sound I heard after I was implanted was my Cat Cosmo Meow!! And I had never heard him meow before! 😇 It was music to my ears !!! 🎵

Thank you @Vivo

Cosmo is too cute 🙂. Super Cats are good asset 😀 they are truly amazing in every way for sure! Deserve all the treats!!  🤩🤩🤩