Favorite sounds of the week

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Sweet salad? I will pass on that. I prefer balsamic vinegret.

• HearPeers Heroes

I could eat either. I like sweet Kale salad. And I like balsamic as well.

• HearPeers Heroes

I like when we discuss something to eat :)

What about balsamic vinegar drizzled over broccoli with white raisins and bacon crumbs - can be a good compromise for Ivana and Adam.

Would be good to start a special topic to share our recipes but afraid that all other topics will be abandoned then.

• HearPeers Heroes

Sweet salad? I will pass on that. I prefer balsamic vinegret.

Yes - sweet  :(  We, in Croatia, can not eat that - too odd combination for us... :huh:

I am totally at your's frequencies Adam!  :P  I am fond of the Mediterranean cuisine... :P

• HearPeers Heroes

I like when we discuss something to eat :)

What about balsamic vinegar drizzled over broccoli with white raisins and bacon crumbs - can be a good compromise for Ivana and Adam.

Would be good to start a special topic to share our recipes but afraid that all other topics will be abandoned then.

:P   :P   :P

About your proposal - just not raisins... :mellow:  the other substances are welcome  :P

Something what is very common like chips in Croatia is a dish named pork greaves... Not my game though... :wacko:

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana, I believe we call that pork Cracklin

Fried pork skin?

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana, I believe we call that pork Cracklin

Fried pork skin?

Yes - I was not sure how do you call them: I looked into a dictionary and googled possible terms...:)

We call it CHVARACK/CHVARCI (plural). 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%8Cvarci and https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%C4%8Dvarak

Most of this is accurate except - in reality, there is no serbo-croatian language....

• HearPeers Heroes

I heard buzzing sound that hummingbird made with its wings!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Cool! Hopefully, we will see and hear more birds now that the weather is starting to warm up and the snow is slowly melting.

• HearPeers Heroes

My sound of this week was the "bossy" red winged black birds. I love their territorial calls.

• HearPeers Heroes

Cara that is pretty impressive. I imagine that they are hard to hear.

• HearPeers Heroes

Nikki

You are down to 3 days!

• HearPeers Heroes

Nikki, the most rewarding part of your journey is up to start! Waiting for your activation story.

• HearPeers Heroes

Well Cara that's true. But it's also everyday after. The wows and miracles that come along with this new device.

Hi everyone, I was going to start a new post under activation, but if y'all already here let me just tell you today I felt as if I set a foot on the ground and now I need to learn how to walk. I was not able to hear all the beeps (none of high four pairs) let alone recognize any words. I left with four maps that are progressive in loudness to work through in the next two weeks. I don't have a problem wearing it for hours and when I sing to myself it sounds like a harmony of chords in the background :-) :-) it's all good. I know it's going to improve. It's got to!

• HearPeers Heroes

It gets better. We promise. Was your audiologist concerned about those 4 electrodes? They run an impedance test on our electrodes (we do not hear anything during that test and they put a special coil on our head instead of our processor). If any electrodes get turned off by your audiologist, the implant shifts the sounds to other electrodes.

• HearPeers Heroes

That's great Nikki!! Remember to go slow and don't overdo it.

Right, she told me that if she turns off an electrode, the sounds will shift to other but she didn't seem concerned that I didn't hear any sounds on those and she didn't turn them off. I did have some sensation or pressure inside the ear or in the chest on a couple of them when it was turned up loud. I asked if i ever will and she said yes, it's still a possibility. Hope.

How do you over do it, Kara? I'm just letting in hang. Trying to get used to it. I know it will be challenging tomorrow at work.

• HearPeers Heroes

Working to hard. You will know when the brain needs a break. It can be overwhelming. Exspcially in the first few months. If you listen too long the sound can diminish. The brain becomes overwhelmed. I had that in the first couple of weeks.

Sounds are just so interesting right now. I hope this brain is planning to shift gear and cooperate

I got one for the topic"favorite sounds of the week": that's me, eating pretzels! If that counts.