Battery frame for audiostream

Asher kim

Hi I have the audiostream with the disposable  battery frame  and would like to buy the rechargeable one  but without buying the  cover as well. 

Does  anyone know if this is an option? I can't  see it in the Med el  shop.

Hiya, i did not know of a different rechargeable tray. I received both chargeable and rechargable battery trays in my kit and use both in audiostream cover. The audiostream is just a cover. I slide it on instead of regular battery cover. Its longer. I change to audiostream as my bt, and pair it to my phone. No cables. I use for streaming music, taking phone calls and when not doing either i just wear it like a regular cover.

1 hour ago, Asher kim said:

Hi I have the audiostream with the disposable  battery frame  and would like to buy the rechargeable one  but without buying the  cover as well. 

Does  anyone know if this is an option? I can't  see it in the Med el  shop.

If you have sonnet 2, i believe rechargeable tray is $300 + and then the audiostream is like double.

Do you have a charger?

Just now, Dianna said:

If you have sonnet 2, i believe rechargeable tray is $300 + and then the audiostream is like double.

Do you have a charger?

Thanks Dianna

I am in the UK we only seem to have the  battery  frame  with the battery cover.  I don't  want a cover just the battery frame for the rechargeable batteries as I like to use both. 

9 minutes ago, Dianna said:

Hiya, i did not know of a different rechargeable tray. I received both chargeable and rechargable battery trays in my kit and use both in audiostream cover. The audiostream is just a cover. I slide it on instead of regular battery cover. Its longer. I change to audiostream as my bt, and pair it to my phone. No cables. I use for streaming music, taking phone calls and when not doing either i just wear it like a regular cover.

My sonnet  came out before  the  audiostream and audiolink  so my battery  covers aren't  wireless  activated  and the ones in the shop don't seem to be either 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Asher kim

Maybe there is a way to confirm with your Med-El rep that if you order a rechargeable battery adapter it would be the Wi-Fi adapter?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Asher kim

in the US, the price is the same for the Wi-Fi battery pack alone and for the combo of AudioStream with Wi-Fi battery pack.  So check prices in the UK in case the same is true.

1 minute ago, Dianna said:

20220728_131951.thumb.jpg.0e0bf383bdc443d8359a2c755e2b4588.jpg

So the rechargable component and battery are under the processor. Im using rech today. Below that are 2 covers, the longer one is audiostream. I was under the impression the audiostream itself does the connecting

1 minute ago, Mary Beth said:

@Asher kim

in the US, the price is the same for the Wi-Fi battery pack alone and for the combo of AudioStream with Wi-Fi battery pack.  So check prices in the UK in case the same is true.

We don't seem to have  the frame  alone  it's just the cover or cover plus frame.  The frame alone  doesn't have a wireless  marking  in the UK shop 

1 minute ago, Dianna said:

So the rechargable component and battery are under the processor. Im using rech today. Below that are 2 covers, the longer one is audiostream. I was under the impression the audiostream itself does the connecting

You need to have a  wireless frame  or the audiostream  cover won't work!! I  have 2 frames for  rechargeable batteries  but neither is  wireless 😕 

5 minutes ago, Kim said:

You need to have a  wireless frame  or the audiostream  cover won't work!! I  have 2 frames for  rechargeable batteries  but neither is  wireless 😕 

Sry for confusion....i did not know they could be different!

There is a medel facebook group here for offering or selling items not needed by ci folks. There are NO warranties though, so i would not reccomend it. At first it was mostly batteries but lately folks are selling duplicates of items they have or older parts not being sold any more.

15 minutes ago, Kim said:

Hi, i looked at the shop and found RCB ADAPTER

How can you tell its not for wifi?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

Sonnet and Sonnet2 use the same battery frames and adapters.  Sonnet was released way before the AudioStream was released.  All of the original disposable and rechargeable battery adapters/frames did not have the Wi-Fi capability and are not marked with the Wi-Fi symbol.  Those that received Sonnet2 kits AFTER AudioStream was released have the newer adapters/frames in their kits.

I would think Med-El would just phase out the older battery frames/battery adapters but it would be important to know when ordering if it was Wi-Fi compatible and not still the older models in stock.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Dianna said:

Hi, i looked at the shop and found RCB ADAPTER

How can you tell its not for wifi?

The WiFi ones have a WiFi symbol in white on the side

4 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Dianna

Sonnet and Sonnet2 use the same battery frames and adapters.  Sonnet was released way before the AudioStream was released.  All of the original disposable and rechargeable battery adapters/frames did not have the Wi-Fi capability and are not marked with the Wi-Fi symbol.  Those that received Sonnet2 kits AFTER AudioStream was released have the newer adapters/frames in their kits.

I would think Med-El would just phase out the older battery frames/battery adapters but it would be important to know when ordering if it was Wi-Fi compatible and not still the older models in stock.

Yes sadly  there's  nothing on the picture in the shop to show  it's  wireless  enabled.  I  think I will need to contact  Med el.

The other  niggle is its  £294 for audiostream with  battery frame  but £244 without.  Which makes the frame £50 . However  a frame  on its own is £90 a big difference!!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

In the US we do not have to worry because ordering the combo AudioStream plus disposable Wi-Fi battery pack or ordering the AudioStream plus rechargeable Wi-Fi adapter is the same price as just ordering a rechargeable battery adapter or disposable battery pack so it makes sense to order a combo kit.

In the UK pricing for AudioStream alone versus AudioStream plus a Wi-Fi adapter/battery frame differs.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kim

yeah I saw that.  I like the US pricing for it better.  I guess sometimes UK pricing wins and sometimes US pricing wins.

Either way I would not purchase a battery pack nor rechargeable battery adapter in either country through the web shops without first confirming it is Wi-Fi enabled.

5 minutes ago, Kim said:

Yes sadly  there's  nothing on the picture in the shop to show  it's  wireless  enabled.  I  think I will need to contact  Med el.

The other  niggle is its  £294 for audiostream with  battery frame  but £244 without.  Which makes the frame £50 . However  a frame  on its own is £90 a big difference!!

Yes, us is $200 for the rcb adapter.  Your 90£ is a lil better

I commented cuz my kit rech tray did not work. While waiting for replacement i used all my kit disp batteries.. I had to run all over the county to find one pack of weird batteries that barely made it to delivery day for implant batteries.

Then i promptly lost my dsp battery tray 2nd week i had ci. I had no $300 and used rechargable for 6 months and everything worked fine.

I made it through without having to go one minute without my sonnet!

So of course i thought i was the battery queen, sorry folks!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

Thanks for pointing out that the combo AudioStream plus rechargeable adapter is not the same price as just the rechargeable adapter in the US.

I had only priced the combo AudioStream plus disposable battery frame vs just a disposable battery frame and they are the same price.  Possibly a better deal since Med-El recommends using the disposable batteries if streaming often with AudioStream.

I like disposable batteries for the convenience of never having an inconvenient dead battery and the ease of carrying around extra days worth of power.  But I know others prefer rechargeable batteries.