Getting implanted March 5th!

violinmemories

Hi all:

I posted on FB so forgive me for reposting this. I am finally qualified for a CI. I have choose Med-El primarily due to the music and flex. I had already given my choice to the audiologist back in November when I had my HINT testing done. She called a few weeks ago and apparently I need to go in and see her for what I assume is a finalization to order my CI.

I've requested the XS in ebony color, rechargable battery as well as the two battery configuration. Is there anything I should request beyond those? Also do you get a backup processor? I'm not sure what if anything I need to request for specifically. Any help would be great, I meet with her Wednesday, January 30th to go finalize the order or as her scheduler said "she needs to go over other options with me".

Thanks,

Meredith

Hi Meredith

It seems I'm chasing you through all the posts... Smile

At least in Spain, you don't get a backup processor (it's really expensive), but they will provide one for the time that (hopefully not needed) yours is being repaired.

I suggest for asking for backup cables and check for the Rondo model (http://www.medel.com/int/show/index/id/1029). I had the Rondo in my hands and it reallly deserves a look!

In Spain, they provide by default backup cables and three DaCapo batteries.

Best wishes