AudioStream after firmware update with iPhones running iOS 15.5 disconnections

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ralph34

I tested the AudioStreams outside far away from other BT devices.  When the AudioStreams are not actually streaming for awhile, they disconnect and the only way I have found to get them to connect again is by restarting them.

I tried playing audio on my phone to see if they would eventually reconnect or show up as an option- NOPE.

I tried turning BT off and back on to see if they would reconnect- NOPE.

Maybe I have a set of AudioStreams that are not working correctly?? 

That doesn’t sound good. It could be bad AudioStream or could be the phone is kicking them off. Can you try streaming to a different device such as iPad or a different phone. If it still loses communication I would suspect defective AS.

Good luck. Iittle things like this are very frustrating and time consuming

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks @Ralph34

Yes connectivity tech really should be much more user friendly.  Smile.

1 hour ago, Mary Beth said:

@Ralph34

I tested the AudioStreams outside far away from other BT devices.  When the AudioStreams are not actually streaming for awhile, they disconnect and the only way I have found to get them to connect again is by restarting them.

I tried playing audio on my phone to see if they would eventually reconnect or show up as an option- NOPE.

I tried turning BT off and back on to see if they would reconnect- NOPE.

Maybe I have a set of AudioStreams that are not working correctly?? 

MaryBeth have you gone back to the basics maybe you did and I may have missed this /but if you forget/ restart/ and re-pair your audio stream to the phone if it behaves differently if it is still not working your audio stream needs to be replaced more than likely call MedEl!!

• HearPeers Heroes

@SKOM

Yes I did but with this much difficulty, I am going to do it again.

Yes I will be contacting Med-El US on Monday for guidance.

I really am puzzled because last August my experience with AudioStreams was much better- some disconnections but nothing like what is happening now.

I also updated my iPhone to 15.6 but having the same experience as with 15.5.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@SKOM

I am almost afraid to type this… smile.

But for the past several hours they have stayed connected.

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

Friday and Saturday I was sure something was wrong with these AudioStreams.  I had tried everything, several times, and the number of disconnections was huge.

Then I repeated forget this device and configure again in AudioKey2 yet another time and like magic both AudioStreams have stayed connected hours last evening and all day today and have worked perfectly.  Not one disconnection.

Follow this link for tips and join in and share your tips as well. Just click on the light gray arrow in the link at the top.

I hope you get just as lucky because when the AudioStream configures and connects well, it is amazing.

This reminds me of when I couldn’t use Audiostream in my car.  I was very disappointed and asked a hearing tech friend about it. He said that my car audio system which connected to my Iphone via Bluetooth, took priority over over the Mfi Bluetooth of the Audiostream. He said to disconnect my IPhone completely from the car audio system. It worked! I have several Bluetooth devices using my phone all the time. I wear an insulin pump, continuous glucose meter, and an Oura ring that continually monitors my physical activity, sleep patterns, breathing etc, and communicates with the App on the IPhone. Also using the Audio Key2 uses Bluetooth. Perhaps all these devices being used all the time, messes up the priority and maybe the Audiostream needs to be “reset” to have some sort of priority?  I will shut off my phone and use my IPad to test this idea. 

Reconnected the Audiostream to iPhone (which has the AudioKey 2 app) and tried for majority of the day.  It didn’t want to even connect initially but once I waged war it did randomly.  Didn’t experience any drop in connections but this is with iOS 16.  I’ll steal partners iPhone in a bit to try the iOS 15.whateveritis.  It did seem to update the firmware though I think.