Sonnet 1 microphone covers compatible with Sonnet 2?

Mkgilmour

• HearPeers Heroes

Sonnet1 and Sonnet2 use the same mic covers.  Med-El revised those mic covers so we no longer need to remove the earhook.  I have been using the revised Sonnet mic covers on my Sonnet1 since then.  It is so much easier to swap them out than the original design

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mkgilmour

I was just thinking about this…. The revised Sonnet mic covers (no pin removal) are used on both Sonnet 1 and Sonnet 2.  But I’m not sure if the older Sonnet 1 mic covers requiring pin removal can be used on Sonnet 2.

1 hour ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mkgilmour

I was just thinking about this…. The revised Sonnet mic covers (no pin removal) are used on both Sonnet 1 and Sonnet 2.  But I’m not sure if the older Sonnet 1 mic covers requiring pin removal can be used on Sonnet 2.

They can. I have used them in the past when the clinic gave me those, possibly by some mixup or they just had old stock.

1 minute ago, Dianna said:

Do they both have 2 mics?

Yes, the amount and the location of the microphones is identical in both Sonnets. In general Sonnet 2 is basically an updated version of Sonnet 1, it uses newer hardware but is visually identical to its predecessor (except the dots on the side).

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

There are a few ways Sonnet2 differs from Sonnet1 but the housing is the same and they use the same parts.

Sonnet2 runs ASM 3 which includes adaptive intelligence, ambient noise reduction and transient noise reduction.  It can do this because it has a faster computer chip.  Sonnet1 uses ASM2.

Sonnet2 connects directly with the AudioKey2 app to use its remote control and other features (this has nothing to do with actually streaming audio from the phone).  Sonnet1 has to go through the AudioLink in order to use the remote features of AudioKey2.

The streaming of audio options are the same for Sonnet2 and Sonnet1.