Favorite autumn sounds

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

In the northern hemisphere we are starting autumn.  What are your favorite autumn sounds?

• HearPeers Heroes

I looked through my hearing journal and found these fall sounds:

I heard crickets from inside the house.

I heard the sound of a dove's wings as it flew off of our winter pool cover.

I heard geese flying overhead and this time I could actually hear distinct geese calls.  I could hear individual geese in the flock calling.  Way cool!

I heard the sound of fall leaves rustling in the wind.

Ah, i was activated at this time last year, got to hear some birds before they took off. Geese were still kind of electric, last night heard real geese sounds. This morning a hawk call, sounds of hummingbirds. Last year i could hear them a little before they left. Yesterday, i closed my eyes during a "feeding" rush, i could hear the wings!! It was like a bee swarm with chittering and fighting!

I am now hearing every vehicle that passes us on gravel road, deer footsteps, coyote howls, and a wild kitten meow before it ran away. So many different bird sounds. The leaves landing. Frog on the porch, my whole world has opened up!!!

Oh and voices toooooo! Lol.

Cant wait ( oh i can wait)for the sounds of falling snow, thunder is so different now, deep and wonder sounds!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Gentle rainfall, birds in the morning, children laughing and running while coming home from school.

• Like 2