Research Questions for School Project

gee jung

Hi there, I am working on a project for my MBA course on Tech Product Management in which I have to identify a certain customer segment with a need that we can address with an (imaginary) product: a voice-to-text software. Each week, we have to interview three new potential users and unfortunately are not connected with many in the D/HoH community and am looking to the internet for potential answers. Please let me know if this not the appropriate forum to ask such questions - my intention is not to be disruptive or inappropriate. 

I pitched to my (imaginary) CEO that we should target recruiting agencies to purchase our product to provide more career opportunities for D/HoH individuals. From what I've read and researched, lack of awareness, understanding, support and quality career advice, combined with insufficient technology and networking opportunities, D/HoH individuals face many obstacles attaining the career/position that they want to pursue. 

If you are willing, could you please take a moment to answer the below questions with as much detail (that you’d like to share) as possible? Any insight into your job search experience would be extremely helpful. 

Tell me about yourself: 

1. What is your job now? How do you like it? How did you start your career in this industry/position? What did you study in school? Why did they choose this current job?
  2. Can you describe a moment that you were the most frustrated with the system, job, institution because of your hearing disability? 
  3. Did/Do you feel limited in your career options due to your disability? What were some things that would’ve helped you/gave you confidence when searching for a new job?
  4. What did your interview process look like? What were the biggest challenges? 
  5. Did/Do you currently use any software to help you do your job? What is it? What do you love about it? What do you wish it did better?
  6. How are you supported in your current role? Did you find this kind of support available at the various jobs you applied for?
  7. What is the biggest issue you currently face in the workplace due to your hearing loss? It can be anything from specific tasks to socializing.

Thank you so much in advance!