Trying to find a support group

JLMiller

Hi, my name is Joyce, and I live in the Lancaster, PA area.  Are there any other Med-El users in Lancaster County, or bordering counties, that would like to talk about their experience with their implant. The pros and the cons. :)  It would be nice to talk to others to see how they deal with different issues in a new way of hearing. You could also reach me via email at millerjm@dejazzd.com  

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Joyce,

I would be happy to chat with you by email. I have family in York, PA so while I do not live in PA I am in your area several times a year visiting family. I would be happy to meet up with you sometime for a coffee and a chat.

I will send you a private message with my email info. Check at the top of your screen where the envelope pic is and click on that in a moment or two.

You can also just chat with us directly on Hear Peers. We are always happy to read people's comments/experiences.

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Joyce,

If you also join the FaceBook group called MedEl Cochlear Implant Discussion Group, there is a gentleman on there also from Lancaster who recently received his second CI. Just FYI.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Joyce welcome to Hearpeers!! I love to hear new people's stories. I can send you a message also although I live in Ontario Canada.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello Joyce!

One more chatter checked in! :) 

For me - beside this forum and e-mail, you need a transatlantic airplane...  :P

But, seriously - we are all here. ;)

• HearPeers Heroes

But Ivana,

I am waiting for you to come to New York City sometime. Even though that is 5 hours away from my home, I would drive down to meet you!

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Joyce, welcome to Hearpeers. I'm also from Canada. As you heard from Mary Beth, you can also just chat with us on this forum. We are all here to support each other.

• HearPeers Heroes

But Ivana,

I am waiting for you to come to New York City sometime. Even though that is 5 hours away from my home, I would drive down to meet you!

Of course, Mary Beth - this year postponement was just temporary... :(

If my grandpa once upon a time went in his pursue to find a job, it`s time for me to visit that fascinating city and people. There is no option that we do not see each other. ;)

Aloha Joyce,

I know the feeling for finding support group where you at. I asked my audiologist about this also before I decided to have CI implant; however, she said that because of confidentiality, she cannot provide that. I don't have any here in Honolulu either so I would be glad to chat with you via email.