AudioStream and BT ear receiver for bilateral streaming with android dual audio

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Now that android phones have dual audio and AudioStream plus selected HAs offers bilateral streaming for bimodal users……

is there a BT ear receiver that SSD CI users can use to stream simultaneously to AudioStream on Sonnet/Sonnet2 and their acoustic ear?

@Kylie do you know of any options for this?

@MED-EL Moderator do you know of any options for this?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie

I do think the upcoming BT that also includes Auracast is going to open that opportunity up.  I hope Med-El is including BT next gen receivers in the next processors so we can take advantage of Auracast when it arrives.

Hi @Mary Beth and @Kylie,

thanks for your questions.

We are aware of the latest developments regards the Bluetooth protocol / Auracast. Our development teams are constantly working on improving our products to make hearing and streaming more convenient for our recipients. Please understand that we can't share any details about future features and developments in the forum.

@Mary Beth may you please specify what you mean by "stream simultaneously to AudioStream on Sonnet/Sonnet2 and their acoustic ear" => do you mean to regular headphones? 

Kind regards, Barbara 

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

Thanks Barbara

Yes .  Single sided deaf Sonnet/Sonnet2 with AudioStream users want to be able to stream to their typical hearing ear and the AudioStream at the same time so they hear in stereo.  I am wondering if there is a way to do that using AudioStream and one BT earbud with the android dual audio streaming that works for bimodal users with selected hearing aid models?

Hi @Mary Beth, thanks for clarifying. We will check with our product experts if there are any compatible headphones available. We'll keep you posted. 

Kind regards,

Barbara 

Hi @Mary Beth, we got the feedback from our experts:  at the moment there are no headphones on the market that use the ASHA protocol, which is necessary for bimodal streaming. Both devices - AudioStream and the hearing aid or headphone need to ASHA in order to stream sound. So for a SSD user, this does not work. 

Kind regards,

Barbara 

I have audiostream set as left hearing device and my ha as right hearing device, it takes a bunch of tries sometimes but i can stream the ha and audiostream.

The sound seems a microsecond off still but some music sounds so cool.

Audio key 2 has connection type as direct