Any Advantage to having both the Audiolink and Artone 3

Shirsee

Hi, I'm picking out my accessory for my upgrade to Sonnet2. I can choose the Artone 3 or the Audiolink. Both will work with the hearing aid I wear on my non-CI ear. Since the Artone 3 is reasonably priced at $129 to $150 dollars from sources other than Med-El and the Audiolink is very expensive at $650, I wondered if I should get the Audiolink with the upgrade. Is there any advantage to owning both? I could get the Audiolink from Med-El with the kit and I could buy the Artone 3 from their company which is having a sale for $129. If I find I never really use the Audiolink, then, I could have saved myself the $129. I am used to streaming my TV to my CI so that's something I'm trying to figure out. I also have trouble hearing my husband in the car at times but the Sonnet2 may solve that problem. Choices, choices. Why was I born a Libra. Thanks for your help.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Shirsee

Check with Med-El about using the AudioLink with any hearing aid.  It’s my understanding that AudioLink ONLY streams to Sonnet/Sonnet 2 and Rondo 3.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Shirsee

if you use an android phone that supports dual audio streaming and if your hearing aid is on the compatible hearing aid list from Med-El for bimodal streaming with AudioStream, selecting AudioStream would allow you to stream from your phone and tablet to both sides.  But it does not work with TVs nor computers.

• Like 2

Hi shirsee, i took the same option. I occasionally use audio link as a connection to hear both ha and ci. Ive used in a group, and ive used to hear music. The speaker option doesnt sound great but it works!

Like you said, getting it free and purchasing a neckloop separately was my plan but ive not needed the neckloop yet.

Most of the time the audio link is wired to my tv, or i use wire to phone with it for the hearpeers meetings. I have linked it to my laptop for rehabbing.

When i want to stream music from spotify, i use audio stream and oticon app on Android phone and its pretty good!

I have sonnet2 eas on left side, oticon 3 on right. I am one year since activation, one month with the added ha and loving bimodal.