Can AudioLink stream to any hearing aid?

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

It’s my understanding that AudioLink can only stream to Sonnet/Sonnet2 and Rondo3.  However more than one Med-El user has recently mentioned that they were told AudioLink can stream to some hearing aids.

Will you clear this up for us please?

Can AudioLink stream to any hearing aid?

Hello @Mary Beth,

your initial understanding is correct. We've double-checked with our product experts and AudioLink can only stream to SONNET, SONNET 2 and RONDO 3, not hearing aids. 

Kind Regards,

Giulia

• HearPeers Heroes

@Shirsee and @Dianna

See Giulia’s comment above.

AudioLink can only stream to Sonnet/Sonnet2 and Rondo3.  It can not stream to any hearing aid.

AudioStream for Sonnet/Sonnet2  can work with android dual audio from certain android phones and certain hearing aid models to simultaneously stream to both a Sonnet/Sonnet2 and a hearing aid.  AudioStream works only with phones and tablets.  (Not BT TV nor computers)

I think the confusion in part comes from so many items with similar names.  It would be helpful if Med-El gave more distinct names to devices and apps.  AudioStream, AudioLink,  AudioKey, Audio2Ear.  Causes a lot of confusion.  Just a suggestion @MED-EL Moderator

A6909ECB-3E89-4865-9581-4FD20C3C06AC.jpeg

• Like 1

Thank you!

I use audioStream and hearing aid app on phone to stream both ci and hearing aid. I have had the adjustment to sync the two, still have a teeny bit of difference but i can hear stereo.

I stream from audio link hard wired to tv on ci only, for rehab and late night tv, the aid does not stream from it unless i turn speakers on and use as a device.

Dianna, do you have an Android phone? My understanding is that you can't stream using Audiostream to both your CI and hearing aid with an iPhone. 

Edited by Shirsee
Communication not clear

• HearPeers Heroes

@Shirsee

That is correct.  It’s an android feature called dual audio and that is not available on iPhones.

Yes shirsee, i have android.  Samsung s9. I set up left and right hearing devices on my phone. I can toggle left and right, im very happy!

I can hear well now with ci and ha without any extra devices now so i dont use the oticon app alot, but i still can stream both when i wish to.

Also, just to add.  Apple doesn’t have any plans to support Bimodal connections any time soon according to the guy there I’ve been in contact with.  

• HearPeers Heroes

@John F

I wonder if the new BTLE2 with Auracast capabilities will solve this for all of us as long as Med-El releases processors that are compatible with it.

@Mary Beth E. I’m not familiar with Auracast but Apple tends to adopt their own standards and such, so who knows if they would even support it themselves without their usual limitation.  Unsure what kind of scenario needs to happen both for MedEl and Apple to allow two devices.  Apple dude was pretty adamant it’s not happening for quite a while.

• HearPeers Heroes

@John F

I will give you a link to where I have been sharing info on the new BTLE and AuraCast.

The cool thing about it for people with HAs and CIs is that it will be universal and can connect to unlimited number of devices.

It will be a game changer if it lives up to its hype.