Sonnet 2 failure to connect to AudioLink

Bowie

I used AudioLink during the class for around 9 months. However recently my Sonnect 2 has been unable to connect to AudioLink. My Sonnect 2 will immediately turn off after producing a sound reminder when I connected to the AudioLink. May I know the likely cause of these situation and the best ways to resolve it? Many thanks!😭

• HearPeers Heroes

@Bowie

Are you using disposable batteries with your Sonnet2?

I use PowerOne Implant batteries.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Bowie

I recommend removing the battery pack from the Sonnet2 and take out the batteries.  Then cleaning all of the battery pack’s metal battery contacts with a cotton swab and a bit of alcohol.  Then trying again.

Also try batteries from a different box (but I have never had a bad batch of PowerOne batteries).

If that doesn’t work, the cover may not be pressing down hard enough on the batteries.  

@Mary Beth

I appreciate your advice!!

When I didn't connect to AudioLink, my Sonnect 2 ran normally. 
Additionally, I tried cleaning the battery contacts and using batteries from different boxes. Despite being connected to AudioLink, it is still not working.

Is that any possible reasons?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Bowie

Have you had new programs put on your Sonnet2 since syncing it to AudioKey2?

AC74FFC3-0A1C-4766-80D8-30EF8E64FE76.png

@Mary Beth

I just check the AudioKey2 and found that the procedures had all been carried out. Unfortunately, AudioLink still can't connect. My Sonnect2 will have a low battery beep and turn off immediately when I connect AudioLink. 😭

• HearPeers Heroes

@Bowie

If you are in the US, you can sign up for a free 1:1 tech support zoom meeting with a Med-El audiologist.

https://web.cvent.com/event/9f87401e-5bd8-4868-9e78-1fbba262e086/regProcessStep1

Let’s also tag @MED-EL Moderator for some help.

Hi everyone, thanks for the tag! We are currently working on finding a solution for this and are already in touch on Instagram.

Kind regards,
Gordana

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

terrific!  When you find a solution will you post it here as well please so it can help others who may experience the same issue?

Hi bowie, in audiokey app, is you communication setting on audiolink or direct?

I sometimes forget to change the setting to audiolink. I leave it on direct when streaming my tv through audiolink.

I only have one ci and when i connect all to audio link correctly, i can see audiolink on the audiokey2 app!

I was just invited to attend a medel support group at my center. Apparently it is going to be in the communications building vs the audi area and a medel rep will be there. If anyone here is in eastern iowa, give us a shout! Its also to demo medel cis for interested folks!

I did have this happen once, with fresh disposable batteries and the resolution was another set of batteries. Im sorry this issue is happening!

@Dianna

I occasionally use AudioLink or streams to connect my AudioKey2. 
I will use AudioLink during class. It helped me hear my teacher's speech more clearly. However, since the function is broken, I am in a lot of problems.(;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`)