Hi from Australia!

Marlinsmum

Been lurking here for a while, about time I said hi! I am an older lady, suffered sudden loss in my left ear July 2021, right ear all good.

About to receive my implant TODAY, wish me luck!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Also I meant to add - it's nice to meet someone else from Australia. I'm in Perth myself. Single sided deaf, had my surgery 3 years ago. Doing great now. Hope that for you too.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marlinsmum

Good luck!!  When you feel up to it, let us know how you are doing.  Which processor did you choose?

Thanks, about 6 hours post op, bit wobbly for a while but pain levels subsiding now, doubt if there will be much 😴 with the new headgear😁looking forward to an exciting future, was lucky enough to get the 2 ways to Hear offer so i get both the Sonnet 2 and Rondo 3! So privileged. received_516837087124237.thumb.jpeg.db0f0a6e7a5b19f3646464ec22f2b7d2.jpeg

• Like 2

24 hours on, still swollen but comfortable, pain minimal. Surgeon happy how it went, hope for a better sleep tonight.

received_794693611637616.jpeg

Getting activated on 15th and first mapping on 23rd. Exciting times ahead, lots of travelling as I live 1200km from the Audio! 

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

Haha not so unusual down under! Which state are you located in?

• Like 2

Hi, marlinsmum!  We met on Facebook this past week.  I'm so glad your surgery went well and you decided to check in here.  Rest and relax while you heal up.  I'm excited for your activation on the 15th. It's an amazing journey, but it can be exhausting.  Take care of yourself and trust in the process.  I can't wait to read your first WOW moment! Sending positive vibes from Canada! 🙂

• Like 2

Thank you all for the good wishes, got to wash my hair today which was lovely 😁 Find I tire quite quickly so not doing too much. Kylie you will relate to distance, I am from Exmouth, luckily we get assisted travel so will be flying regularly for appointments.🤪

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marlinsmum

wow that is way Western Australia right?  I’ve heard of the Ningaloo marine park.  Have you seen whale sharks?

Rest easy.  Washing my hair after surgery felt great too.

• HearPeers Heroes

Oooh yes Exmouth is quite a trek. My brother was in Karratha for many years and did several assisted trips down to Perth for treatments. Lucky that program exists I guess! Especially with the price of fuel!! 😃

Yes Exmouth is a special place, lived there over 30 years, Ningaloo Reef is spectacular and I love the diversity of wildlife there is.