Magnet strength sensations question

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello all,

So here's my question......

If I test out the DL -coils tomorrow morning by placing them on my head and wearing them WITHOUT turning on the processors, will that tell me if the sensation is magnet related?

Does this thinking make sense?

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

• HearPeers Heroes

Hey Sandy says she has that sensation at the end of the day.

• HearPeers Heroes

For me, it's only with the DL-coil not the D-coil. It is either the magnet strength or more likely the perceived increase in volume. Time will tell. Sandy, maybe you would experience it less at night if you decreased your volume in the evening a bit. It may be a sign of overstimulation.

• HearPeers Heroes

Mary Beth, have you found out what is to blame for your sensation - the magnet or increase in volume?

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Cara,

I received the weaker magnets yesterday. We are heading out of town tomorrow, so I will test them out once we return and report back. I love the perceived crispness of speech with the DL-coil so I am motivated to figure this out. Smile.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

And we all know what is happening when MB is motivated... :D  Good luck - your observations regarding details are awesome... :blink:

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

OK folks, at the risk of a duh moment, please tell me what D-coil and DL-coil are?

• HearPeers Heroes

OK folks, at the risk of a duh moment, please tell me what D-coil and DL-coil are?

Hello Kay,

Here you can read everything about it: http://www.medel.com/blog/whats-the-dl-coil/

There is a nice table in the middle of the text. ;) 

• HearPeers Heroes

It ended up that something was wrong with the DL-coils and Med-El switched them out at the request of my audiologist. The new DL-coils work fine.