First time to visit.I hope I have joined correctly.If I did please let me know

Faith

I will have my first CI very soon.Just waiting for surgery date.Is anyone familiar with Dallas Ear Institute in Dallas Texas?I have a acoustic neuroma on my right side with profound hearing loss.Cannot have CI on that ear due to neuroma.That was diagnosed in 2006.About a four yrs later I started having fluctuating hearing in left ear.Now that ear also has profound hearing loss.Therefore I will only have one CI.Anyone have acoustic neuroma?Thank you for any info you may have for me.Thanks

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome Faith! Wishing you the best on your CI journey. I don't recall anyone active on here mentioning an acoustic neuroma but there may be. You will definitely find many people who use the Dallas Ear Institute for CI surgery on the FaceBook group called Med El Cochlear Implant Discussion Group. Just search for it and ask to join. In both places you will find Med-El users and friendly people.

I love my CIS and hope you have great results (after aural rehab) with your upcoming CI.

• HearPeers Heroes

Dallas Ear Insitute is excellent choice for the cochlear implantation.

Although we don`t have a member who had an acoustic neurinoma, if you haven`t asked your doctor - we might can help you but most accurate answer you will get from your surgeon. In the mean time, we are here...:)

• HearPeers Heroes

Dallas Ear Insitute is excellent choice for the cochlear implantation.

Although we don`t have a member who had an acoustic neurinoma, if you haven`t asked your doctor - we might can help you but most accurate answer you will get from your surgeon. In the mean time, we are here...:)

• 2 months later...
On Sunday, June 26, 2016 at 4:55 PM, Faith said:

I will have my first CI very soon.Just waiting for surgery date.Is anyone familiar with Dallas Ear Institute in Dallas Texas?I have a acoustic neuroma on my right side with profound hearing loss.Cannot have CI on that ear due to neuroma.That was diagnosed in 2006.About a four yrs later I started having fluctuating hearing in left ear.Now that ear also has profound hearing loss.Therefore I will only have one CI.Anyone have acoustic neuroma?Thank you for any info you may have for me.Thanks

Implanted Sept.10,2016. MEDAL SYNCRONY.ACTIVATION SEPT 31

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

That's terrific!  Best of luck at your activation.  Let us know how things go.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome Faaith!

congratulations on your surgery. Now comes the patiently waiting for activation. Praying everything works out withe the neuroma. 

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Faith welcome to Hearpeers!! Best of luck on activation!! 

• HearPeers Heroes

Yeah! - Hoping to hear your experiences up to now. No matter what are your's observations... ;)