Hello from honolulu

maliaham

I'm having CI surgery July 11 in preparation for the Rondo. Am nervous and excited. Looking to hear from others who have done this and have tips and/or advice to share.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Maliaham, welcome to Hearpeers and good luck with your surgery on July 11. I've been implanted for 3 years and it was the best decision I ever made. My advice to you is to rest and take it easy after your surgery because once activated the work begins. Remember this is a marathon, not a sprint. We call it the 3 Ps - patience, practice and perseverance. Do you have support from family and friends? The people on this forum will pop in soon to give you more advice and direct you to sites that will help in your rehabilitation. If you scroll through the posts in Hearpeers, you will find lots of information that will be of help. Please keep us posted on your surgery and activation. Ask any and all questions. One or all of us will respond.

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome maliaham! It's a great journey.

My right CI was implanted in February 2015 and my left CI was implanted in October 2015. They are amazing! I have the Sonnets and the Rondos. Today I swam in the pool with my Rondos in waterwear covers. It is so great to hear while swimming.

I just posted 2 PDFs that give useful Med-El sites as well as auditory training ideas for adults in the FaceBook group called

Med El Cochlear Implant Discussion Group. Search for it on Facebook and ask to join. One of the admin will add you.

I hope you stick around here too. It's a friendly group of Med-El users as well.

While I waited for my CI surgery and in between surgery and activation, I found myself reading as much as possible about the journey of others. Look around the posts here. There is a lot of info.

I wish you the best on your hearing journey,

Mary Beth

Not sure how to access the PDF's you said you posted

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome and hello from canada!!

• HearPeers Heroes

It looks like you found the PDF files I mentioned. If not, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Hello from - Croatia! :P

• HearPeers Heroes

Sure hope your surgery went great!