Wireless PowerBank (portable charger)

Salik

Anyone tried wireless PowerBank for travelling or for emergency use after battery finish? I have been using wireless PowerBank since over year for Travelling and sometime at work or out of home when my Rondo 2 battery finish in 14.5 hrs.

Want to know if the magsafe wireless portable battery can be use for Rondo 2/3 ?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren had tried a power bank plugged into her Rondo3 while wearing it but heard a humming sound.  Her Rondo3 was replaced.

@Mary Bethplugging power bank while wearing i would never do, but my ques was if anyone has tried MagSafe wireless powerbank which is usually for iphone 12-14.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Salik

charging on the go (while wearing the processor) is a feature of Rondo3.

I have not read any reports of charging Rondo 2/Rondo 3 with a MagSafe wireless powerbank.  I have read reports of using a USB powerbank to plug in the wireless charger that comes with Rondo2/Rondo3.  That works well.

@Mary Beth yes Rondo 3 have this feature but i still have Rondo 2 and luckily my sister had magsafe power bank for her iphone, i tried charging on magsafe and it work. 

• 2 weeks later...

Happy to say that I can use the mini battery pack and don’t hear the humming anymore. 

I have Qi rated wireless chargers everywhere for my phone and they work with the Rondo 3. As I understand, anything Qi rated for wireless will be ok to use with the Rondo 3. As for power banks, it would work with the on the go charging cable provided the power bank being used has a usb plug in for the cable. Three weeks ago I had a meeting with a Med-El Audiologist and when we were talking about the humming and intermittent battery issues, the audiologist mentioned hearing of one user having used a power bank while on a camping trip. Beyond Rondo 3 and them not mentioning issues to Med-El so assume it worked (unsure how they connected to the power bank, if it was on the go or something else)

Rondo 3/Sonnet 2 are my first processors so I have no knowledge on earlier processors. 

• 2 weeks later...

i got the small wireless powerbank which is very handy and easy to carry, basically it is made for samsung galaxy watch. Link has been posted below as its very similar to one i got it.

https://www.amazon.com/Charger-1400mAh-Keychain-Ultra-Compact-Compatible/dp/B0B8MQ6L9T/ref=sr_1_10?crid=2VNNTKEQHZJHY&keywords=wireless+power+bank+for+samsung+galaxy+watch&qid=1669814889&sprefix=wirelesspower+bank+for+samsung+galaxy+watch%2Caps%2C349&sr=8-10

• 2 months later...
On 11/22/2022 at 8:31 AM, Lauren said:

Happy to say that I can use the mini battery pack and don’t hear the humming anymore. 

I have Qi rated wireless chargers everywhere for my phone and they work with the Rondo 3. As I understand, anything Qi rated for wireless will be ok to use with the Rondo 3. As for power banks, it would work with the on the go charging cable provided the power bank being used has a usb plug in for the cable. Three weeks ago I had a meeting with a Med-El Audiologist and when we were talking about the humming and intermittent battery issues, the audiologist mentioned hearing of one user having used a power bank while on a camping trip. Beyond Rondo 3 and them not mentioning issues to Med-El so assume it worked (unsure how they connected to the power bank, if it was on the go or something else)

Rondo 3/Sonnet 2 are my first processors so I have no knowledge on earlier processors. 

Interesting - just tried my Rondo 3 on my Apple MagSafe charger and I didn't get the normal light on the back of my processor come on, so assume it wasn't actually charging.  The MagSafe charger is working, as its able to charge my iPhone 13 without issues.