Hello

Norva

Good morning group - thank you for letting me join you.

My name is Norva, Ilive in Central California, and just last week was accepted as a good candidate for a CI.  I have been almost completely deaf in my right ear, for about 10 years, and just this past year began to loose hearing on my left side - due to Mainers probably.  Have worn hearing aid since 2011. I have been doing a lot of reading up, from the material given to me at the clinic, and on line.  My mind is on overload. Looking forward to following this forum, and would especially like to hear from anyone who had there implant done at Stanford.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello and welcome to Hearpeers! There are many people on this forum from all over the world. I love my implant and Sonnet. I have only one we call that unilateral. For now anyway! There is tons of information on this forum to help you with any information you need. If there is anything you can't find ask and we shall figure it out!! We look forward to sharing in your journey!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Norva and welcome. I had my bilateral CI surgeries at New York Eye and Ear in NYC. There are several members in the FaceBook group

Med El Cochlear Implant Discussion Group

Who use Stanford.

Search for it on FB and ask to join. Then post the same question there.

Stick around here too. We are happy to help.