Adult rehab tips page 1

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I have to upload this PDF as separate screen shot pics in order to make this work.  Sorry if it is a bit out of focus.

image.jpeg

• HearPeers Heroes

Pages 4 and 5

right now this site will not allow me to upload these 2 pages.  It seems as though I have used up my uploading quota.  I have asked Ben for assistance.  Stay tuned.

• HearPeers Heroes

Mary Beth - can you just state for which platform are available these programs (iPhone, iPad, Android). Or at least, which device you have used to practice on?

• HearPeers Heroes

And... Who is the manufacturer of this 10x5 program? :wacko: I couldn't find it...

• HearPeers Heroes

I use an iPad.

cancatenated sentence recognition in noise

QIANJIE FU

• HearPeers Heroes
9 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

I use an iPad.

cancatenated sentence recognition in noise

QIANJIE FU

Excellent! - There is a version for an iPhone... ;)

• HearPeers Heroes

I have found other useful programs for exercising hearing in the noise...

I will write it down later here... 

• 2 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

heshmat, aparently are smartphones apps for Mac users.  I'm waitting for connection next week yet, but I will be use Android. I hpe exist Apps for this operative system. :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Angel sounds can be downloaded on a PC.  Med-El sells CD aural rehab programs- 2 for speech and 1 for music.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Mary Beth, can you give the link on aural Rehab of Medel, You don't worry if it is in english

• 7 months later...

Marybeth, have you tried the Medel rehab discs - you provided the link above. They are rather expensive, but might be worth it. Thanks. Lita

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @Lita

I had already been doing aural rehab for months by the time I even found out about the three Med El CDs.  I was shown a few samples and the discs were too easy for me by then.  So I did not train with them.  Also, I prefer training on my iPad since it is more convenient and the CDs require being at my computer.  It is a shame that those training activities are on such out dated tech (CDs).  Many people do not have a way to play CDs at home any more since the new computers/laptops have given up CD drives.  Also, those discs are expensive when there are so many free aural training apps, websites, activities to choose from.

It would be nice if Med El offered a free music training app.  AB offers CLIX (which is wonderful) and Cochlear offers Telephone With Confidence (which is great for phone skills).  Neither of those cost anything and are available to anyone, regardless of brand.

Most people I know use CLIX and Angel Sounds.  Both are free.

Mary Beth: As always, your responses are interesting and on point. I also have AB CLIX and Angel Sounds on my new iPad and love them. Thanks for the good advice about the Medel CDs. I will start rebab classes at Gallaudet September 22. That should provide sufficient additional aural support. At one month after activation and third mapping, high frequency sounds still dominate, like birds and crickets. Running water at the kitchen tap and when flushing a toilet is LOUD. On the bright side, the speech frequency range is starting to be heard. And I can hear some music! Lita

• HearPeers Heroes

Sounds great @Lita.  Take advantage of the aural rehab classes at Gally.  Not many adults have access to aural rehab in the US. Keep us posted on your journey.

I remember very well when unloading the dishwasher was an act of patience.....those dishes were soooo loud.  Thankfully my brain caught on.  Smile.

• 1 month later...

@Mary Beth

Mary Beth, are you aware that iAngelSound on iPad will no longer work with the newest software version (iOS 11.0.3). I had been getting warnings of this for months and now the new version is here. I have avoided downloading it because I will be unable to use this wonderful app. Do you know if the FU Foundation (the organization sponsoring this app) plans to upgrade the app to make it compatible with the new software?

Thanks,

Lita

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lita

They did update the iAngel Sounds app for iOS 11 on iPads.  Check the App Store and look at the version updates.  I am using it on my iPad with iOS11 and everything sounds fine.

@Mary Beth

You are absolutely correct. I updated my iPad tonight and then the i-AngelSound. I recommend this app to anyone with a new cochlear implant. It is free of charge and easy to download from the App store.