Hello from Ontario, Canada

mgfiest

Hi,

I am currently on the list to get a CI done on my right ear, once my vaccine shots have been completed, I will then get a more actual date on when it will happen.

I currently have 2 BTE and have been wearing them for the past 30 years. I had Scarlet Fever at the age of 4 and caused my hard of hearing and poor vision to happen.

Since my childhood, teenager and young adult years was mostly living with hard of hearing and people learning to talk real loud to me, modern technology gave me hearing aid at the age of 33.

It has been over the past 6 years an up hill challenge to get on the CI list. Now I wait and learn about the people that have gone thru this process and using Med-El devices.

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome and best of luck.  If you spend some time reading through the topics and posts here, you will learn many people's stories.  Feel free to ask any questions.

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome - we have here many Canadians on the forum who are active, like Kara and Sandy.

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome to hearpeers!! There are many here in various stages of their hearing journey. Stick around and ask as many questions as you would like. Looking forward to getting to know you.

adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome! I found reading the posts on this forum while I was waiting helped a great deal and the info I got was wonderful. It was good to have someone who has been there to talk to. Good luck.   

• HearPeers Heroes

HI Micheal! Welcome to Hearpeers! I posted on the Facebook group too! It's a great journey and here there is a list to find answers to your questions and a range of topics. If you can't find the answer please post and we will do our best to help you get them. Best of luck! 

• HearPeers Heroes

It's definitely a wild ride :D

Mir was very helpful for me to speak to others that have gone through it. I hope you find the same. Keep us posted

adam

• 11 months later...

Its been a almost a year but I  finally get my CI on August 29 and first activation Sept 25. Now the journey begins

• HearPeers Heroes

Mgfiest, good luck on August 29th and even more of that on September 25th.

Hope your are completely ready for all of that.

I wish your surgery passes fast and easy. Keep us updated , please.

• HearPeers Heroes

Wow this is so amazing! Glad that you will get the chance to start this amazing journey!! Where are you having your surgery done? I had mine at Sunnybrook with Dr Chen and his team. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Good luck with your implant! Such an exciting time! Wishing you a happy journey. 

Was going to get it done at SunnyBrook but took my recommendation to London and Dr Parnes agreed to do it. It's easier to get to London than Toronto.

• HearPeers Heroes

I have heard good things of dr Parnes. Best of luck!!