Introducing myself

Toni Anne

• HearPeers Heroes

I asked it, if any people wanted come from other brands to here. I have no think to change to other. So now I am clear.

Hello my name is Ron. I have a question based on the other Cochlear options what would one chose based on being born with mostly deaf one ear dead an now losing all hearing?

• HearPeers Heroes

Right now you have three different companies to choose from. I chose medel.  It is a very personal decision and one that you need to make on your own. I would not let anybody try to push you to go with a certain brand. One thing you can do that might help, is to make a list of things that are very important to you as far as the implant goes as well as a list of things that you don't really care about.  Things like the size of the processor,  water resistance, sound quality for music or the phone, backwards compatibility..... making this list might really help you try to narrow down the field so to speak. I did a great deal of the research on the three companies to help me choose which brand to go with.

Good luck on your search and feel free to ask as many questions as you want about the implants that we have. Please let us know how things are going and what you eventually decide on. 

• HearPeers Heroes

My apologies, where where are my manners? 

Ron I want to welcome you to the group. This is an awesome group of people that are in various stages of their hearing journey. It's a great bunch of folks that I can honestly say are friends. Again feel free to ask any questions and please stick around. 

• 4 months later...
On 9/20/2016 at 8:47 AM, Toni Anne said:

My surgeon was a bigger fan of the Med-el - especially if there is hearing to be preserved which in my case there isn't & Med-el now has rechargable battery option.  It was a difficult decision.  Good luck.

Hi Tori Anne..

I'm another fellow Aussie!  Just trying to decide between the Kanso and the Rondo (Cochlear and Med-El).  I'm wondering about your comment.  Did your surgeon explain why the Med-El was the better choice for preserving hearing?  I have good low frequency hearing which they will be trying to preserve during surgery.  

I'm also wondering which way you went and if you are happy with the decision?