It's official

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Well, welcome the U.S. to a crowd of countries already eligible for the implantation....

You have been waiting 2nd mic, but got another type of CI... Interesting institution - that FDA....

• HearPeers Heroes

Well, that's how they start with the indications. Within his group you have to be extremely cautious - you need really to be convinced that their hearing is permanent and that they won't need further reimplantations...

• HearPeers Heroes

Do they just use the a traumatic electrode arrays and not activate the bass electrodes?  If the person's hearing loss progressed, couldn't they then just activate those electrodes?  It's most likely not that simple.

• HearPeers Heroes
20 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

Do they just use the a traumatic electrode arrays and not activate the bass electrodes?  If the person's hearing loss progressed, couldn't they then just activate those electrodes?  It's most likely not that simple.

Of course they can, but up to now - we stick to the principle: less implantation - better results. At least up to the moment we do not exclude this as non-relevant. 

Medicine is just like this - has to be precautious if you work with people. I am sure these indications will progress pretty fast....

• HearPeers Heroes

I would imagine they could. We turned off one of my electrodes when I was first activated as it was just too sensitive. Later we turned it on at a very low setting and increased over time

• HearPeers Heroes

It's not the matter of switching on or off the electrodes than - what permanent damage is done by the implantation. You have to be 100% sure that kid won't need a full-length electorde...