Sonnet mic covers

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

This is great news!! Best of luck wth your recovery. 

• 3 months later...

Hi~ My son just upgraded his processor from Tempo+ to Sonnet two days ago. I wonder if it is really necessary to change the Mic cover every 3 month?  It is not cheap after all.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivy,

i know MedEl recommends replacing every three months. I recommend you see what works best for your son. I doubt it's like the date on a milk carton! ?

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivy,

I notice a change in sound quality at about 2.5 months so I change my Sonnet mic covers every two months.  I prefer to have my Sonnets sounding the same all of the time. For me, changing the mic covers does effect sound quality.  Is your son liking his new Sonnet?

I deeply appreciate Jdashiell's suggestion and Mary's  sharing experience. I'll tell my son to notice whether the sound is different over time.The reason why we choose Sonnet is the quality of sound. My son like the Sonnet's sound best. It sounds more clear and comfortable than others.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivy,

I am glad your son likes the sound of the Sonnet.  Since he is able to report to you, you will know when to change the mic covers.  Enjoy!

• Like 1